Chapter 11

Jonathan's pov

As I led Luna Rayla towards the pack house I noticed she looked curious but also nervous. I didn't want to stress her out but I thought it would be a good idea to introduce her to some of the other pack members so she could feel more comfortable.

The royal pack house was bigger than most of the other pack houses because we were the biggest pack, with almost 2000 pack members.

I brought Luna through the main living room first, but everybody was out training or enjoying the nice weather so it was empty. Then I showed her the central kitchen, and introduced her to the men who were in charge of cleaning up the breakfast dishes today.

Rayla's POV

Johnathan showed me around the enormous pack house and introduced me to two werewolves who were working in the kitchen.

"Luna Rayla, this is Garan and Howard, they just finished studying at university this year." Johnathan gestured to the men.

Garan and Howard smiled at her. "Nice to meet you Luna!" They said simultaneously.

Rayla nervously smiled back and waved.

"All of the pack members take turns cooking and cleaning in the pack house." Johnathan explained. "Today, it was Garan and Howard's turn."

When they left the kitchen Johnathan continued the tour and showed Rayla the game room, the theatre, and the indoor pool. They're were a few children in the pool who introduced themselves as Lavender and Henry, and got Rayla to watch them dive into the pool, eager for the praise she gave them.

Johnathan was bringing her to the gym when a woman holding a notebook noticed them in the hallway.

"Hey Julia." He waved her over. "This is Alpha Jayden's mate, Luna Rayla. Luna, this is Jayden's older sister, Julia. She didn't want to be Royal Alpha so she gave the position to Alpha Jayden and now she's the best artist in the pack."

"It's so nice to meet you Rayla! I'm so glad Jayden and you found each other. He's been so mopey since he turned 18 and couldn't find his mate, and it's really been bringing the pack down."

She hugged Rayla gently before explaining that she needed to meet with someone and didn't want to be late, and left.

Johnathan moved to continue the tour, but stopped when he saw the worry on Rayla's face.

"What's wrong Luna?" He looked concerned.

Rayla felt like she could trust him, and he hadn't don't anything to harm her yet, so she decided to explain her doubts to him.

"I feel scared because I don't think I can become a good Luna, and I don't deserve to be one either. What if I do badly and hurt the pack, or Alpha Jayden realizes I'm useless and kicks me out?Everybody's expecting me to do well and to lead the pack, but I have no idea what I'm doing."

Rayla and Johnathan sat down on chairs in a smaller living room and Johnathan looked at her seriously.

"Please don't think so badly of yourself Rayla, the pack loves you already and I believe you can be an amazing Luna. No Luna is ready to be a Luna when they become one, but they have to learn and adapt to their new position, just like I'm sure you will. The pack can teach you how to fight in human and wolf form, how to lead the pack and how to work alongside Alpha Jayden to help us not only survive but flourish as a pack. I am excited to serve you and I’ll do anything you ask. You can do great things Luna Rayla, you just have to believe in yourself."

Please vote and comment!