Chapter 4

Rayla's POV

Rayla woke up feeling warm and comfortable, like she was floating. She sighed and rubbed her face into the pillow.

Wait --- pillow!?!

Rayla was not allowed to have a pillow, or a bed. She sat up, opened her eyes, and looked around.

A/N: This is the room she is in

Sitting on a chair beside the bed, sleeping, was the man who had called her his mate.

'He must be really disappointed that he got me as a mate... I'm a weak human witch. I have to prove myself so he doesn't reject me.' Rayla thought.

Remembering she didn't deserve a bed, she rolled off the bed without thought and fell on some of her injuries. Used to the pain, she only let out a small 'oof', but it had been enough to wake the sleeping man up.

He sat up quickly and looked around the room, before his eyes landed on Rayla. She looked down in respect and stayed on the floor so she wouldn't anger him.

Rayla did not recognize the room she was in, and she had cleaned every room in her old pack's, so she gathered that Alpha Kent must have sold her to this man.

She wondered what rank in his pack he was, for she could not tell because she was human, and because if he told her to talk she didn't know what title to give him.

The man stood up and walked over to her, kneeling down beside her on the floor. When he reached for her, she flinched and whimpered, waiting to be hit.

"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you sweetheart. You don't have to submit to me. I'm your mate. Can you tell me your name beautiful?"

Rayla thought about what he had said. He was being really nice, but she had been through this before and she was not going to be tricked a second time. Even though he was her mate, he would be like everyone else in the end. He hadn't really ordered her to tell him her name, and she might be punished for speaking, but she should do what he asked.

"R-rayla" She whispered.

The man smiled. "What a beautiful name. My name is Jayden, I'm 19, and I'm the Alpha of this pack."

Rayla gasped. Her mate was an Alpha, and he looked much stronger than Alpha Kent. She started shaking, imagining how hard he could hit her.

Alpha Jayden, as she now knew to call him, picked her up and put her on the bed, pulling the covers over her.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

Rayla shook her head, knowing that even though she was hungry, she wouldn't get any food because she was already too fat.

"Okay, well it's still night so let's get some more sleep. Do you mind if I sleep on the bed with you? I won't touch you if you don't want me to."

Rayla really didn't want to sleep with him, he could easily strangle her in his sleep, and she has never slept so close to anyone before, but she couldn't deny her Alpha, so she nodded her head yes.

Alpha Jayden smiled, seemingly relieved, and lay down beside her. Rayla listened to his breathing until he fell asleep, and then she got off the bed and lay down on the floor in the corner of the room She did not sleep for the rest of the night.