Chapter 10

But her smile quickly disappeared when the front door was slammed open for the second time that day, and Alpha Jayden walked into the room, eyes black and covered in blood.

Rayla's pov

Alpha Jayden ran into the room covered in blood, but Rayla could tell it was not his. As he walked towards her with a feral look in his eyes, she felt her fear return. He reminded her of Alpha Kent, and she felt herself walk backwards away from him. His wolf, who was clearly in control, wasn't happy with her backing away from him, and was moving quickly towards her before she saw the Royal Beta, Alisa, stand between her and Alpha Jayden. Delta Johnathan tried to restrain him from behind while Issac produced a needle out of seemingly nowhere.

"Alaric, you need to calm down and give control back to Jayden. I know you're concerned for your mate but you're just scaring her right now."

Alpha Jayden, appearing to have not heard anything his Beta said, just reached up to try and push her aside, but she stayed firmly in front of Rayla, who cowered behind her. As the furious Alpha tried to get to his mate again, she saw Issac stab the needle into his neck and inject Alpha Jayden with the liquid in the needle before he could react. His movements already slowing, he scratched Beta Alisa's arm one more time before he fell, with a thump, passed out on the kitchen floor.

Johnathan quickly dragged Alpha Jayden onto the couch as Issac bandaged his mate's wounds, and Rayla calmed her beating heart and nervously thanked them for protecting her.

"That's alright" Jayden told her.
"Would you like to see the pack house? I can show you around."

Rayla hesitated. She didn't really feel like meeting new people but they had just protected her from her 'mate', so she agreed to go with him.

"Great!" Johnathan smiled and led her outside. "And don't worry about Jayden, he will have control again when he wakes up. And I know his wolf, Alaric, can be pretty scary, but he just wanted to make sure you were safe."

Everything Rayla knew about mates she had learnt from watching Alpha Kent with his mate Luna Chloe and Beta Vern with his mate Sharon. They had both been very protective of there mates and wouldn't let anyone else hurt them, but she had seen both Alpha Kent and Beta Vern hit their mates when they were angry and annoyed. She knew Jayden would hit her eventually, when he needed to vent his frustration, but she hoped that as long as he thought she was a werewolf and as long as she did whatever he told her to do she could avoid harsh beatings like she used to get at Half Moon pack.

She took a deep breath and followed Johnathan outside and towards the looming pack house.