Chapter 5

Alpha King Jayden's POV

Jayden woke up to a thump, and saw that his mate had fallen off the bed. He hoped that she hadn't hurt herself. Slowly, as to not scare her, he stood up and walked to the other side of the bed where she had fallen, kneeling down beside her. He noticed that she was submiting to him, and he didn't like it.

"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you sweetheart. You don't have to submit to me. I'm your mate. Can you tell me your name beautiful?"

She looked really nervous, and he was about to give up, when he heard her voice for the first time.

"R-Rayla." She murmured.

"What a beautiful name." Jayden smiled.

"My name is Jayden, I'm 19, and I'm the Alpha of this pack." He said proudly.

Then he realized she was shivering, and he thought she must be cold so he picked her up and put her on his bed. He couldn't help but notice that she flinched slightly when he reached for her.

'What had happened to her?' He thought.

If the half Moon pack had hurt her at all, he would kill them all, but Alpha Kent had told his Beta that she had been captured by rouges and just recently they saved her.  That didn't explain why she was in the basement though. He promised himself he would ask Rayla about it later.

"Are you hungry?" Jayden asked, worried about how skinny she was. Rayla shook her head no, so he tucked her into bed.

"Okay, well it's still night so let's get some more sleep. Do you mind if I sleep on the bed with you? I won't touch you if you don't want me to."

The thought of being away from his mate was painful, especially when they had just met, but he would do anything for Rayla, even sleep on the couch. To his relief, his beautiful mate allowed him to, though perhaps with a little reluctance, which made him sad.

Jayden knew Rayla was a human, so probably one of her parents had been a werewolf, one had been human, and she got more of the human genes. He didn't mind at all, he and his wolf were just happy to have their mate finally with them, though he knew she wouldn't feel the mate bond as much as him.

He lay down beside her, but did not touch her because he didn't want to make her uncomfortable. With his mate so close, and her beautiful scent filling the air, he fell asleep quickly.

Please vote and comment