Chapter 3

Rayla's POV

Flashback

"Lazy bitch!" Rayla's first Alpha owner spat at her, hitting her in the back with a wooden board. Rayla cried out in pain. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'll do better! Please forgive me Alpha!" "No food for a week!" Alpha hit her again. "And all the rooms better be clean! If I find a speck of dust, you're dead!"

End of flashback

Rayla never thought she would have a mate, as she was not a werewolf. Having a human mate was not uncommon for a werewolf, but the pack's she had lived in had all told her that if she ever had a mate he would be disgusted with her because she is a weak and ugly witch, and the only thing she is useful for is cleaning.

They repeatedly told her that, if she had one, her mate would treat her worse than they did, and she believed them.

So, when Rayla woke up to a large man looking down the stairs at her and saying 'mate', she was very frightened, and she crawled to the back of the room, whimpering and cowering.

The man at the top of the stairs, her 'mate', turned around to face Alpha Kent, who had appeared at the top of the stairs beside him.

"Why is my mate in the basement!?!" Rayla's 'mate' yelled.

Alpha Kent cowered, but Rayla couldn't hear his response, as she realized she was having a panic attack.

Alpha Kent had cowered to the man. Cowered! Was he also an Alpha? Were there more powerful Alpha's then Alpha Kent? Who could he be?

If he was more powerful than the Alpha's she had been owned by before, he must be able to hit harder. Would Alpha Kent sell her to him? Would she die?

Rayla couldn't breathe. She clawed at her throat, barely hearing the men arguing at the top of the stairs, and she passed out.

Alpha King Jayden's POV

Jayden couldn't believe Kent had put his mate in a basement. He turned around to face him and yelled

"Why is my mate in the basement!?!"

Kent cowered back.

"I'm sorry Alpha King, she needed to be punished for disobeying me."

Jayden growled and turned back to his mate, hoping seeing her would calm him and his wolf down, but instead he saw her cowering in the corner, and he watched as she passed out on the floor.

Jayden leapt down the stairs and picked her small body up in his arms. He felt amazing holding her, and he wanted to hold her for the rest of his life, but she was unconscious and he needed to bring her back to his pack so she would be completely safe.

He walked up the stairs with his mate in his arms all the way to his car, and without saying goodbye to Kent, he drove away with the rest of his warriors and his new found, beautiful mate in his arms.

Please vote and comment