Chapter 2

Rayla's POV

Rayla woke up to someone kicking her in the stomach.

"Get up, bitch!" Beta Vern spat in her face.
"The Alpha King is coming early, get down to your basement!" He kicked her again, in the ribs.

" Y-yes B-beta Vern" Rayla limped away as fast as she could.

"When the Alpha King leaves in an hour, be ready for your punishment!"

Rayla shivered, cold and wet from sleeping outside, and imagining what her punishment might be.

Right as Rayla closed her door, she heard a pack member say "The Alpha King is here!"

.:ï:.

Alpha King Jayden's POV

Jayden drove down the forest road towards the Half Moon pack, with his Beta Issac and one of his royal warriors in the back. He was thinking about his mate.

Jayden was 19, and it had been one year since he could find his mate. He had met all of his pack members, and he had visited all the pack's that were right beside his pack, but now he was traveling further and visiting other packs.

He was very excited to find his mate, they had been the only thing he had been thinking about since he was 18. He had built a mansion that he would live in with his mate when he found them, and there was enough room for any kids they might want to have together too.

He didn't mind if they were a werewolf, a human, or a rogue, but he hoped they lived in a pack because that way it would be easier to find them.

As he drove into the Half Moon pack's driveway, his wolf, Alaric, started running around in his head, giving him a headache.

'What is it, Alaric?' he asked in his head.

'Smell mate, smell mate, mate mate mate!'

Jayden could smell them too. They had the most amazing smell, of cinnamon and honey. He was sure his mate was in this pack.

He almost jumped out of the car to search for her, but he held back, because he was still the Alpha King, and he had to greet the pack. He would get to see his mate when the Alpha of the Half Moon pack lined up all the pack members anyway. He got out of the car, and Alpha Kent bowed to him, along with the rest of the pack.

"Alpha King, welcome to the Half Moon pack. We wish you the best of luck finding the Luna Queen here."

Alpha Kent greeted him.

"I have lined all the un-mated pack members up here."

He motioned to his left, where almost a hundred werewolves were waiting for him in fancy clothes.

As Jayden walked by them, he noticed some of them looked scared, where others were trying to look sexy, but most of them looked hopeful.

He had never been in a relationship with anyone else, because he was waiting for his mate.

When he got to the end of the line, he still hadn't found his mate, but he could smell them everywhere.

Without answering Alpha Kent's confused calls, he walked towards the pack house, trying to find were the wonderful scent was coming from.

He thought it was coming from the basement, not the pack house prison but where they would store stuff.

He thought that was strange, but he opened the door and looked into the small room at the bottom of the steps.

What he saw angered him. Sleeping on the ground, with only a small dirty blanket to keep her warm, and wearing a torn dress that was too big for her, lay a small, bony girl.

Surprised by the sudden sound, she woke, and looked into his eyes, before quickly looking away, but not before Jayden saw her beautiful, frightened green eyes.

"Mate"

Please vote and comment