Prologue

Make sure to comment and vote !!

ARABELLA

TW - abuse

I sigh as I set my purse down on the side table next to the front door. I have had such a long day at the cafe since it was now opening back up and honestly, I just want to sleep.

"Where were you?"

I jump at the deep voice and hold my breath as I slowly walk into the living room. My breath gets kicked out of my lungs as I look at Adam, my boyfriend of 3 years.

When we hit the 2-year mark, I was so sure I wanted to marry him. But, now that I think about it, most of our feelings were one-sided. He doesn't love me as much as I love him.

"I... I work at the c-cafe. I told you t-this." I mentally scold myself for stuttering but I couldn't help it as I look at his bloodshot eyes and the bottles of liquid everywhere.

He slowly nods and sets the bottle of liquor down onto the side table by the couch. "Are you lying to me, baby?"

My breath hitches in my throat.

"No, I'm not lying. I s-swear." I try to convince him but he doesn't look convinced at all.

"Come here." He holds his hand out and I walk trustingly towards him. Sometimes I feel as though I'm hypnotized and I can't help but do what he says.

I hold onto his hand and look him in the eyes. "I was at work, you know I only love you." My hands fidget in his hand.

He pulls me down onto his lap and puts his hand on my cheek, rubbing soothingly. I melt into his warmth and close my eyes. I love him.

Then I feel it.

My face swings to the side and I fall onto the ground from the force. I ringing noise comes in my ear and I blink away the tears. He slapped me.

"I don't believe you. I know you have been whoring around, cheating on me!" He shouts at me and I whimper and try to stand up and comfort him.

"Darling I swear I didn't. I was at work. I would never cheat-" I get cut off by a kick to my stomach, making me hunch forward. I feel blood trickle down my cheek from the slap.

"Stop lying to me, Arabella!" He grabs my hair and pulls me up to where I'm just inches away from him.

His eyes show anger and pain. "Why would you do that to me... Hm?" He wipes off the blood on my cheek and wipes it on my new shirt.

He sighs and as a switch got flipped, he throws me onto the ground. "Why are you such a whore! You fucking worthless piece of shit. I don't know what men see in you, why you would go to them and not me. I'm your boyfriend! Not them, me!" He yells and yells until I'm covering my ears and trying to back away from him.

I back into a corner and huddle myself into a ball and watch as he laughs. "Why are you hiding?! I wouldn't hurt you." He says angrily before grabbing my arm tightly and dragging me out the corner.

He would hurt me, but I love him.

If him taking out his anger on me means that he will be okay in the morning, then I'm okay with that. I am fine.

He drags me towards the kitchen and grabs a knife. My eyes widen and I watch as he cuts my clothes down the middle, causing my new shirt to come off.

I grab the ripped clothes and cover myself with them. "This is mine. You. Are. Mine." He growls at me before kicking me again and stomping towards our room.

I shake and huddle myself into a ball again. I feel my body shake with tears as they flow from my eyes. I tell myself, he loves me he loves me he loves me he loves me.

And I love him. People go through bad things for the people they love.

I'm okay, I'm okay. We are okay. This was all just a misunderstanding.

We're the other times a misunderstanding too? The voice in my head says and I feel more sobs come out of me.

I slowly get up and limp toward the kitchen sink to dry off my cuts and clean my wounds. I then walk upstairs and into our bedroom to see him asleep in our bed.

I change into his t-shirt and crawl into bed. I wrap my arms around his torso and sigh in relief when he grabs me and cuddles me into him. I knew he loved me.

It was an accident, he didn't mean to do it.

Are you sure?

I don't want to answer that question.
———————————————————————
How are we feeling???