Twenty-Four

RICO

My head throbs as my eyes slowly open. What the fuck?

Everything is blurry and I have to rub my eyes a few times to adjust. I look to the left of me and see a syringe on the ground. Did those fuckers stab me with a syringe?!

I groan and everything comes back to me. I shoot up. Bella.

"Bella?" I cough at how dry my voice is and I stand up, looking around.

My apartment is ripped apart, cushions thrown everywhere, broken glass on the floor, tv broken.

How did my uncle even know Adam? And what type of agreement did they make for my Bella?

I will have to get them back for this. He thinks he is all tough and mighty but without his little sidekicks, I could take him down easily.

But none of that matters right now, the only thing on my mind is my lady.

"Bella!" I drag myself and look in all the rooms. My breathing going at a unhealthy rate as I realize she isn't in my apartment.

They took her... They fucking took her.

I run into our bedroom. Everything is ruined, but there are no traces of blood.

My eyebrows furrow when I see the window open. I run towards it and look out. I look over and see a ladder. Did she...

I look at the woods, she couldn't of...

I check the time, 6:45 am.

6:45 am.

It's the next day...?

Fuck. Fuck Fuck Fuck.

I grab my shoes and phone, my heart pounding as I leave the apartment.

She could be anywhere, this forest goes on for weeks if not months. She could be hurt.

I run my hands through my hair. She didn't even have on proper clothing, she must be so cold.

I run towards and into the forest, my goal being set on her. She doesn't have as much stamina so my guess is she wouldn't go far and most likely would have hid.

"Bella!!" Silence.

I look around and just see trees. No sign of the red head beauty that was just in my arms yesterday.

She was just with me.

"Arabella!! Arabella!!" I run throughout the forest, calling her name.

I breath heavily and look around. I no long see the apartment but instead just dirt and trees.

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I don't find her. She is the only source of happiness that I have and I can't lose that.

I keep on walking until I have exactly no clue where the fuck I am. Where is she...

What if she isn't even in here? What if they got her...

"Fuck!!" I shout and fall onto the ground. I check the time, 11:36 am.

"Arabella!!" I look around one more damn time.

I walk for a little bit more, my hope starting to slip away.

She's gone. She is gone.

And that's when I see it. Fire red hair hidden under a log.

Oh my God.

I run towards it. "Bella!"

Please be her, fuck please let it be her.

When I get closer, I yell out her name again. "Arabella!"

Her body twitches and I see the eyes I have hoped to see for hours finally look at me.

Her adorable face pops out from under the log as she looks at me with tears in her eyes.

"R-Rico." She sniffs and my heart breaks.

When I reach her, I pull her towards me. The feeling of touching her bringing me so much relief I could cry.

She throws her arms over me, crying into my neck.

She pulls her face from my neck. "A-Are you okay?! Did they hurt you?" Her voice cracks as she drags her hands all around my face, checking for wounds.

"No, I'm alright Mi Amore, I'm okay." I'm okay but I know she isn't.

Her clothes are ripped and dirty, there is a cut along her cheek bone, and her once beautiful shiny hair is dirty and tangled.

I put my hand on her cheek, "Bella..." what has she done.

She shook her head, "I didn't want them to get me. I... I couldn't go back. You don't understand. I can't go back." She cries and I nod, holding her close.

"I know, shhhh I know." I run my hand over her hair and she nods.

"I- I ran into the forest to hopefully get away, but then they saw me and started searching for me. So I ran and ran. My feet hurt so bad and- and I have a huge headache." I will have to give her a relaxing bath once we get back home.

"And once I realized how dark it got, I hid under this log and have been here ever since." She wipes her tears with her dirty hands.

"You are so brave." I kiss her forehead, then her cheeks, her eyes, then finally her mouth. She puts her hands in my hair as mine around her neck.

As we pull away, I say "Let's get you home. I will cook you a good meal and we can make you a nice bath to help your feet and joints, yes?" I tilt her head so she looks at me.

"Yes." She smiles and hugs me one more time.

I pick her up with me so she doesn't have to walk. I pull out my phone and clicked on my tracker app that could take me back the apartment.

"Let's go back home."
—————————————————————————