Eighteen

RICO

Fuck.

Why did I yell at her? What the fuck is wrong with me.

I know she had bad past experiences with Adam and I chose to be a idiot and snap at her?

I'm never gonna be enough for her.

I run my hands through my hair as I run out the room and watch the door slam shut. I grab my shoes and slip them on before grabbing a jacket and rushing outside.

"Bella! Bella I'm sorry!" I shout as I watch her walk away with tears in her eyes.

I feel guilt eat my insides and I try to not let it get to me. "Arabella!"

I watch a speeding truck drive down the street and I'm not worried about it until I see Bella right in front of it.

It's like the world stops.

I feel silence around me other than my heavy breathing, my breaking heart, and my feet hitting the road as I run towards her.

"Get out the road! Bella!" My heart beats faster and suddenly nothing else matters than getting her.

She doesn't look like she can hear me and just when the car is right in front of her, my hand shoots out to pull her to the side of the road.

She's safe.

ARABELLA

My body collides with the ground but a hard chest keeps me safe.

My heavy breathing and tears continue as I stare into the deep grey eyes.

That's when I notice something in his eyes. Worry.

"B-Bella, are you o-okay?" He stutters as his shaky hand brushes pieces of my hair back. His eyes search every part of my face for injuries.

I nod my head and wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him. I sob into his shoulder as his arms wrap tightly against my waist.

"I'm sorry. Fuck, I'm sorry." He whispers and I nod, automatically forgiving him.

He gets up with me still clinging onto him as he carries me back home. I breathe in his scent and feel comfort flood my body.

He saved me.

He saved me. Adam would have never did that.

He would've just let me run away while he stayed at home.

But this isn't him. This is Rico.

I lift my face from his neck and look up at him with teary eyes. I give him a small smile and hug him again.

I feel him sigh against me as we finally make it back inside. He sets me on the couch as he takes a seat next to me. "Bella... Please don't ever do that again. Don't run. I'm sorry I said that to you but please don't run."

As he speaks, it is the most he has spoken with pure emotion and seriousness.

He cares that much?

"You care that much about me?" I look up at him and he looks down at me with comfort in his eyes.

"More than you think."

I don't think I have ever heard such beautiful words.

I swing myself onto his lap and give him a big bear hug, to show that I care about him just the same.

I lean my forehead against his and smile at him. "Thank you. No one has ever cared for me this much. It makes me feel appreciated."

A part of me hurts knowing that Adam or my mother never said anything close to what Rico said.

"I have to go tonight though. I know you want to know but you can't."

I gaze at him with understanding eyes. I understand why he wouldn't want me to know, maybe for my safety.

"Okay." I nod my head and look at the floor.

He clears his throat and I look at him confused before I remember the position we are in and I jump away from him as if he was fire.

"Sorry!" I squeak and I feel my cheeks heat up.

He gives me a smirk and chuckles, "you're so god damn cute." He rubs his hands down his face and I feel my whole face go red.

We spend the rest of the day watching the Harry Potter movies and eating junk food.

"H-How did you n-not cry for F-Fred's death?!" I sob as he laughs at me. This is not funny.

"Because he isn't real." Rico rolls his eyes and I gasp.

"He is real! In here," I point to my heart.

He rolls his eyes before checking his watch and sighing. "I... Uh I have to go." He combs his hair with his hands and I nod.

"Oh okay..." I trail off and turn the TV off. I honestly really want to see where he is going.

He gets up in a rush to go pack whatever he needs to pack while I sit on the couch, in my thoughts.

I grab my phone and scroll through my messages. I should probably tell my boss that I will be in tomorrow for work. I hope he understands why I haven't been going.

"Okay I'm heading out. Make sure the doors stay locked and only answer if it's me or Nonna, got it?" He points at me with squinted eyes and I salute to him.

"Yes sir!" I giggle and he rolls his eyes before leaving.

When he closes the door, silence fills the apartment. I sigh really loudly and snuggle into the couch.

I stare at the clock and watch it tick, already wishing he would come back.

I bite my lip and sit up. Don't do it.

I look towards the door and bite my lip harder.

Don't you do it Ara!

I groan and get up, walking towards the door to slip on my shoes.

I grab a coat and make my way outside, shivering when the wind hits me.

What are you doing?! Are you crazy?

Maybe.

I realize I don't have a car to follow him so I grab a random bike I see against the building and stick a note where the bike was.

"Borrowing this! I hope you don't mind, have a super wonderful day!"

Oh golly gosh I hope this doesn't go wrong.
——————————————————————————