One

ARABELLA

I lay in bed and watch Adam sleep. He is such a pretty sleeper. I feel like I look like a goblin when I sleep.

I yawn and kiss his forehead before getting up and out of the bed. I wince at the bruises on my stomach but try to push them to the back of my mind.

I slide on some sweatpants before stalking towards the kitchen to make him breakfast. Since it's a Saturday, we are probably going to be going places before I go to the cafe.

I hum to a song as I make some eggs and bacon, my hips swaying side to side.

My body tenses up as hands slide around my waist and I feel him rest his head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry baby." He whispers and kisses my neck. I feel tears come back up but I push them down.

"I'm such a monster, I'm so sorry. I'm such a bad person." He whispers more and I instantly feel bad.

"It's okay. I know you didn't mean it." I sadly smile at him and his guilty face immediately changes into a happy face and he kisses me.

When he pulls back, he starts kissing my neck and I know what he is trying to do. "Darling... I-I'm not in the mood." I frown and he keeps going.

I slightly push him back but he groans angrily and pulls me back towards him, attacking my neck with his mouth.

"Adam stop." I push him harder back and he stares at me with anger in his eyes.

"I'm going out." He says coldly and I frown, looking down at the floor.

Why did I say stop? He wanted it.

"W-Where are you going?" I walk up to him and clutch onto his arm, which he shakes off of me.

"The tattoo parlor downtown." He grabs his keys and puts on his shoes.

"I can go with. I want to make sure you are safe." I slowly walk towards him and he just rolls his eyes.

"I'm not a weakling like you Ara, I can take care of myself." He growls.

Ouch.

I follow him anyways and get into the car. He scowls at me but doesn't say anything. He starts up the car and the engine before speeding out the driveway.

On the way to the shop, silence fills the car.

"I'm sorry." I apologize to him and he just stares at the road.

I don't think he heard me so I say a little bit louder, "I'm sorry."

"Fuck, I heard you the first time!" He yells at me and I shrink down.

"I'm sorry," I whisper again and look out the window.

When we reach the shop, he exited the car, not opening the door for me. I sigh and grab the handle, opening the door and trailing behind him.

When we enter, the smell of masculine and ink hits my nostrils. I wonder what tattoo he is getting...

It's not gonna be anything related to you so don't even think about it.

It's nice to imagine though.

He waves to a girl and winks at her and I feel a ring of jealousy in my heart, but I don't think he would like me to be jealous.

I stand to the side in my grey sweatpants and his shirt. I should have gotten dressed but all the people in here aren't that much dressed either so...

He sits down on the chair and he tells the man with the spiky, purple hair what he wants. I decide that I need to pee so I poke Adam's arm. He rolls his eyes and he looks at me. "What."

"Where is the bathroom?" I fidget and cross my legs.

"Upstairs to the left." He says and goes back to talking with spiky hair.

He isn't going to guide me there?

I look around and feel shivers go up to my spine as I see all the dirty men in here.

I push through everyone and find myself in front of broken stairway. Creepy.

I force myself to climb up those stairs and almost trip, causing me to grip the side railing and I hiss when I get a splinter. Golly gosh.

I take the splinter out and watch as blood drips down my finger. Shoot.

I hurry up the stairs and look around the hallway. The left... My left or his left?

Stop overthinking.

I turn and grab the first handle of the door and I'm surprised when the door is unlocked. I open the door and look around the... Bedroom?

The walls are black and the room smells like masculine and wood.

What the heck?

I walk in and look at all of the books everywhere and the big bed that sits against the wall. I see a door that is cracked open and I smile when I spot a bathroom.

I trot over to the bathroom and open it. I lock it behind me and do my business before washing my hands. I look for a bandage but can't find one so I just suck it up and walk out of the bathroom.

I scream when I spot a man on the bed. He sits slouched over with his hands on his face and slides down it.

He turns towards me with cold eyes and my eyes widen.

"What are you doing in here?" He gets up and I realize how tall he is. He has to be a good few inches taller than Adam.

"I... I was looking for the bathroom." I point towards the door and he hums.

"The public bathroom was a room over." He nods his head towards the left and I realized that Adam meant his left.

Frick.

My face heats up.

"Sorry, I should go..." I run towards the door and I open it quickly. I walk downstairs and try to search for my boyfriend.

The chair he was in before was now empty and the spiky hair dude was washing his hands. Where did he go?

I rush towards him and he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Hello?" He says and looks around.

"Um... Do you know where Adam went?" I nervously say.

"Nope. When I finished doing his tattoo, he left." He says, my heart drops to my toes.

Did he leave me?

"Oh... Okay. Thank you." I smile at him and sit in one of the waiting chairs.

He probably just needed to go get something, he is going to come back. He always does.

I check the time, 10 am.

He will be back.
————————————————————
Thoughts???