Twenty-Three

ARABELLA

It has been about two weeks since me and coco shared that amazing kiss and since then, we haven't been able to stop.

We are always finding ways to touch each other. Even if it's just a small hand holding, hand on my thigh, brushing my hair. We always touch each other.

I don't really know what to accept of what we are at the moment though. I know that Rico has probably had multiple girlfriends before me while I just had... One.

I mean, we are adults. We should most likely have more than one past partner but I guess I never really got to experience my time with men other than Adam.

I hate that he is still sometimes in my thoughts. Sometimes roaming around in there and making me overthink everything. I just want him gone.

"You okay Mi Amore?" a shake on my shoulder snaps me out of what I was thinking as I look at the most gorgeous human on earth.

"Mhm! Perfectly fine." We are currently sitting on his bed. Him resting his back against the headboard while I'm sitting in between his legs. He said he had to do some work on his computer and I insisted on leaving but he wanted me to stay.

I scroll through my phone and click on my mom's profile. Should I call her? I haven't talked to her since Adam.

I sigh and click out of it, not having the energy to argue with her. I'm perfectly happy right now and I don't want her to ruin it.

"Almost done, then we can do what you want." I hear him say above me and I turn my head so I can kiss him, something I have been doing daily.

He leans his head down and sigh as our lips collide. I love this feeling. It makes me feel secure.

I pull away and smile at him.

"You are so damn beautiful, Mi Amore." I blush at his statement and turn my head. How am I supposed to react to that?!

He chuckles and goes back to his computer.

This goes on for another 15 minutes. When I hear his laptop close, a huge smile makes it's way onto my face.

"All done?" I close my book that I was just beginning to read.

"All done." He leans down and grabs me by my waist so I can properly sit on his lap.

He grabs my face and pulls me in, giving me a deep kiss. I put my hands on his neck and pull him in closer.

Before we can actually get somewhere, someone knocks on the apartment door. He groans as he buries his face into my neck. "I just wanted five damn- dang minutes." I laugh at his correction.

He sets me down on the bed and makes his way out our bedroom, me trailing behind him. the banging gets louder and this is when my coco stops.

"Giovanni! We know you're in there! Open the fucking door!" I can hear a bunch of footsteps on the other side and I freeze.

"Bella, go to the room. Now." He doesn't have to tell me twice as I hurry into the bedroom. I shut the door and lock it.

I press my ear to the door and listen on the other side.

I hear locks being undone before the door opening.

"Well well well... You actually are here." A deep angry voice let's out and I feel my heart beating wildly in my chest.

"Yeah, what do you want Mikel?" I can hear the anger in his voice and at the moment, I want to be anywhere but here.

"Listen, I have a friend who is searching for someone you... Know." I feel my heart drop.

There is silence for about a minute.

"Who is this friend?"

"Hmm, I think his name is Adam Finley. You should know him, he used to come to your tattoo parlor." I think I feel dizzy.

Hearing his name now not only in my mind but out loud, I can't take it.

"Sorry, I have no idea who you are talking about. Now leave."

More silence.

"I would leave, but I would get really good pay if I brought him the girl. I know she is in here." My breathing quickens.

Why would Adam want me back? He kicked me out. He left me. He cheated on me. Why does he want me back in his house to be his little puppet?! I'm tired of being his punching bag and I'm not gonna let it happen again.

"I don't know who you are talking about." Oh God, he is playing dumb.

I hear the man sigh. "I really didn't want it to be this way. I really didn't, but I need that damn girl." And before I know it, I start hearing things get messed around, things falling.

I start to panic and back away from the door. I push the dresser in front of the door and run into the bathroom. I'm not going back.

That's the only thing on my mind as I try to search for a opening to leave. I run towards the window and try to open it. I'm on the 5th level so there is no way I wouldn't die if I jump out.

I look out the window and search for something I could climb on. When my mind spots a ladder against the building, I cry in happiness. Not literally.

I reach my hand over to grab it. I push my body out the window but almost fall when I hear banging on the door. Golly gosh that scared me.

"She's in here!" Not anymore.

I push my body onto the ladder and climb down it.

I close the window so they don't suspect anything and slowly climb down the building. When I reach the bottom, I try to run but spot vans in the front area of the building.

I turn around and see the woods, oh gosh. I don't even have shoes on. I'm in shorts, fluffy socks, and a large hoodie. Coco's hoodie.

Oh God, what if they hurt him?

I turn around towards the building, debating if I should go back in.

And do what? You are powerless. You can't take on a bunch of bulky men!

Shoot. I stretch a little, getting myself ready to run into this big forest.

"I see her!" I look up and see a bald man looking down at me through the window. Oh no.

I look towards the forest. Okay I'm really gonna do this. Okay.
——————————————————————————