Twenty-eight

RICO

Everything was going to plan.

I had everything mapped out in my mind.

I was going to lose the fight to remind my uncle of what he could lose, so then he would stop trying to get Bella.

How did it mess up so quick?

I told her. I told her not to come here. Why the fuck did she come here?

My heart beats fast, sweat and blood dripping down my face as I search for my girl. How did it mess up so quick?

I hear a scream and I run towards the sound.

Bella Bella Bella Bella.

Her name sounds so beautiful. She is such a pretty name.

When I turn the corner, I finally see her.

She coughs and cries as Adam chokes her against a brick building.

"P-Please Adam. We-We can talk this out." Her face is drained of color.

"Shut up!" He squeezes harder.

Oh fuck no.

Everything turns red and I don't even recognize my own actions.

I remember running towards him but everything after that doesn't register in my brain.

I only come back when I hear my baby screaming my name.

"Rico stop! Please! Please stop Rico!" Her cries echo off the walls and I finally look down at him.

At the monster that hurt her.

He doesn't look human anymore, his face is bruised and bloody and I think I broke a limb. He looks like painted canvas of bruises and blood.

Perfect look for him in my mind.

I hear more sobs and my twisted brain comes back into reality.

She saw me do it.

I snap my head to her and watch her as she cries her lungs out. Her beautiful face covered by her hands.

Did I do that? Did I cause her to cry?

I didn't mean to- I wanted to save her.

I look down at my own hands and gulp uncomfortably at the blood.

"Why would you hurt him?!" She yells at me with tears down her face, her mascara making her clear tears turn black.

"He was hurting you. He was going to kill you." I shake my head at her, I saved her.

"No! Y-You could've done it differently!" She cries some more and I get angry.

I don't know if the anger is directed at her, Adam, or me. But it's there. And hurting him wasn't enough, I'm still angry.

"Arabella are you fucking serious?! He was choking you out against a wall. How naive do you think I am?" My anger radiates off me.