Twenty

ARABELLA

This chapter involves disturbing scenes

I watch his face fall and a panicked look flash in his eyes.

I shouldn't have done this. What am I doing here?

The blood on his body keeps popping up in my mind and I feel my breathing quicken.

He pulls his arm out of the large man's hand and runs towards me, making everyone look at me.

I back away and take a run for it, trying to get my breathing under control but I can't.

Why would he keep this from me? For my own good? He will hate me now that he saw me, he will know I followed him.

He is going to hate me. He will kick me out.

Why did I come here?

Why must I always be nosy and bother people, Adam had the right decision to get rid of me. I would get rid of me too.

~ FLASHBACK ~

I sob as he kicks me again. "D-Darling please. I'm sorry." I never meant to hurt him, I should've told him the bowl was too hot.

"Look at what you did to my hand you fucking bitch! Are you trying to burn me? You should have let it cool down before you give it to me!" I scream when he stomps on my stomach.

Just a simple mistake will cause a fuse to set off in him. Why does he let it out on me?

"I... I was just busy with cleaning and- and helping with dinner." I struggle to get out.

He scoffs, "you and your damn excuses. You're lucky I never do anything more than just beat you. If you actually were attractive and had a nice body, then maybe I would fuck you more often." His words sound dirty and I try not to gag.

"I- I'm not fat." Am I?

"Yeah you fucking are. Actually, since you're so damn fat and want to eat all the damn time, how about you eat what you made me."

I look over to the bowl of burning hot soup I made him that he accidentally touched before I could tell him to let it cool down.

He isn't going to...

"Grab it." I shake my head, it would burn me.

"Grab. The. Fucking. Bowl." He growls in a deadly voice and I whimper.

I feel blood drip down my face as I slowly wobble over to the bowl. I can feel the heat radiating off it just as my hand gets closer.

"Pick it up."

I breathe in and out as I slowly pick up the bowl. I resist the urge to let it go as it burns my hand.

"Ada- Adam please let me let it go!! It burns!" I sob and he puts his hands over mine and press down so I'm holding the bowl tighter.

I hear his sinister laugh behind me as he watches my hand turn red.

"Soon enough, I hope I get rid of you. Burn you until your nothing left other than mine."

~ FLASHBACK OVER ~

I find myself against a brick wall in a alley. I slide down the wall and sit on the dirty ground, not caring.

I lift both my hands and stare at the distant scars on them. A sob travels through me as I think about how I used to get treated.

All of those times he had hit me over the simplest reasons. How Rico hurts people for a living.

It all just jumbled together in a big mess.

And I don't know how to stop it.

I look around for something sharp, a tiny object shining in the corner of my eye.

~ SH WARNING ~

I see a shard of glass propped against a wooden box and I reach my hand out to grab it. I wipe it against my shirt and make sure it's clean enough before I hover it over my wrist.

When I see all the scars on it, I frown. I haven't cut this much. Have I?

I don't keep count.

I drag the glass against my wrist and hiss in pain and relief.

I just need to feel a distraction.

As I watch the bright red blood ooze out of me, I sigh.

I let my tears flow emptily down my cheeks as I stare at the wall in front of me with a blank expression on my face.

"Be... Bella?" I snap my head over at Rico as I watch him stare at my wrist.

I drag myself up and wrap my other hand around my cut up wrist.

"What are you..." his eyes are widened and I see that his hair looks more messy than it did before, as if he has ran his hand through it multiple times.

"Go away, leave me alone." I sob and I walk back as he walks forward.

His eyes still hasn't met my eyes as they stay trained on my wrist.

When I hit a wall, I mentally scold myself and I look up at him.

His eyes are panicked as he grabs his shirt he has on and rips a piece off with his teeth.

He grabs the whipped fabric and unfolds my hand from my wrist and I whimper. He wraps the piece of clothing around it and ties a knot, stopping the bleeding.

He doesn't say anything and I start to get worried at the silence.

"I'm sorry-"

"Giovanni."

Rico looks behind him and I too look over his shoulder and see a older man that has a odd resemblance to Rico.

"Uncle." Rico glares at the man.

"Who is this fine young lady?" He gives a disgusting smirk and I have to swallow back the nausea I feel.

Rico steps in front of me. "Leave her out of it." His cold voice causes a shiver to go down my spine, not being used to this kind of tone.

"Fine fine. As you wish." He raises his arms in surrender. "We have business to attend inside." He nods at his uncle and when the old man leaves, Rico lets out a groan.

"Amore I have to go. I will call you a taxi and we will discuss this at home."

Home.
—————————————————————————