Words like Sword

"Un...?" Wang Heiyue tilted his head to the side and Bai Shuyin was struck in the heart. The adorableness was going to be the death of her and she wouldn't mind one bit.

Well, she had at least about 4 more years before her deadline. Maybe she could leave this world without any regrets, after pumping him full of love and knowing full well he could survive under the pressure of these leeches and a manipulating female lead.

Even if Wang Heiyue didn't look like the type that was easily being taken advantage of, as a responsible sister, she couldn't help but feel extremely worried.

To be frank, she really dreaded the D-day. She would get nightmares occasionally during the night, okay, maybe she was exaggerating, perhaps it was just once or twice. Still, she was just a normal high school girl, nonetheless!

Not some amazingly fearless and valorous hero who was ready to sacrifice and save the world from evil villains. She was definitely not someone with martyr obsession.

*AuthorKola: Pokes at Ru Yan.*

Just thinking about her unavoidable future was beyond terrifying! Though, she really, really hoped to make it out alive. Oh, come on. Dying once was traumatizing enough, don't you think so? Why ask her to experience it one more time?

"Yin Yin?"

"Yin Yin? What's wrong?"

Brought back to the world after drowning herself in depression, Bai Shuyin hurriedly composed herself and smiled at Wang Heiyue. There was a grip of her wrist. The hand holding her wrist captive was much smaller than hers, but it was firm, unyielding.

The same went for those dark orbs staring straight at her. Sharp and intense, Bai Shuyin always felt like every emotion she hid was torn apart by them, layer by layer.

Palming the small hand on her, she pried each finger away before handing them back to Wang Heiyue. "It's nothing at all, big sis is just getting carried away."

The little steamed bun pouted, unsatisfied, probably not the response he wanted to hear from Bai Shuyin."You're always lik--"

"And you." Bai Shuyin didn't let him finish his words, she didn't even want to hear more, already reaching out for his cheeks and pulled hard, ignoring his squeaks of pain. "Don't go running your mouth loose like that! You're lucky Madam He is kind enough to shelter useless and homeless kids like us." 

"You are not useless." He said with so much seriousness that the white-haired transmigrator almost forgot what she wanted to say.

"That's not even the point!" Bai Shuyin sighed exasperatedly. She felt like she needed to enunciate her point. "The world outside is much more dangerous than you think. Words are sharper than swords, and they spread like fire."

'Especially in Ancient times like this,' was kept inside. Words were really powerful when there was no technology. You just need a man and his mouth to spread hideous rumors among the villagers to crumble a country, a witness when you need your name cleanse.

"Once you said them, even just uttered a word, you can no longer take it back. It either grants you a better life or loses your life completely." Bai Shuyin had moved from pinching his cheeks to gripping his shoulders. She couldn't explain the sudden rush of anxiousness as she forgot the main reason for this conversation.

She also couldn't put it into words why she felt the sudden need to say all of this at once. Was it the effect of only being able to live 4 more years? If she could crack his head and pour everything inside, she would have already done it.

"So please, do me a favor. Think before you speak, alright?" Bai Shuyin wasn't sure what kind of bullshit and nonsense she was saying at this moment. Her heart was thumping, beating hard as she finished her long impromptu speech. "Do you understand?"

"Of course," was said in a tone that set all alarms off in her head, however, the feeling of relief was much more overwhelming that she disregarded it. "Ah Yue always listens to whatever Yin Yin says."

"Good, good," Bai Shuyin sighed, exhaling a shaky breath as she rubbed Wang Heiyue's head, careful not to mess up the hair she had styled. "That's a good boy."

"Now stay here, take a good rest, hm?" The white-haired transmigrator cupped Wang Heiyue's cheeks, rubbing the skin under his eyes with her thumb. "Must be tired, right? It really was a long journey, after all."

Bai Shuyin patted the comforter to make her point, smoothing the wrinkles before pushing Wang Heiyue onto it, yet the little bun refused to be pushed around, taking a hold on her sleeves. "What about you? Yin Yin sleep too."

Bai Shuyin waved him off. "I will see if I can be of any help. We are not staying here for free, you know."

She didn't give him time to argue, not even a chance as she immediately reorganized their stuff and left, not before giving a kiss on Wang Heiyue's forehead. It had long become a habit of hers and the little guy didn't seem to have a problem with that either.

Once the door closed shut, twin round orbs as dark as the abyss narrowed at the door.

Slipping his worn out boots off, Wang Heiyue leant against the wooden headboard. He had actually prepared himself to bluff out of his way when questioned, but it seemed something else was bothering her.

She had stopped, eyes going blank; in a daze or somewhat fear in it, he wasn't really sure of it, yet he felt rather irritable and anxious. She wasn't supposed to make that kind of expression like she knew how corrupted, how nasty the world was.

He had always known that he wanted Bai Shuyin in his perfect world, chained and locked away. She wouldn't like it. But she wouldn't have to know. No one would even know a Bai Shuyin ever existed. It would just be him, her, and the perfect world he built.

And now he was given a second chance. He had the opportunity to start early. He might have doubts and fear before, but seeing how her expression twisted into something like that made him burn.

Besides, he was more prepared unlike the first time.

Four more years and he wouldn't allow Bai Shuyin to die in vain.