Wu Jiangfeng's Spiritual Aids

Bai Shuyin didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Maybe both. In the end, she licked her own puddle of saliva. When she said she didn't care, apparently her consciousness wasn't exactly on the same page as her. Took her a period of time to realize that she had been reading the book upside down while she wrestled with her inner thoughts. Guilty as fuck, she didn't want to admit that almost half the reason she couldn't focus was due to her own silly mistake.

Thus, that's how she found herself right here, at this moment, following the two minors who were enjoying their moonlight date.

Only for her to fail miserably. She lost sight of them on the crowded market streets.

The snowy white-haired girl grumbled. Wang Heiyue should have brought the female lead to the highest platform of this City, called the Golden Bell. That place was usually decorated with lanterns and looked extremely festive. It was clean and silent, normally only filled with waves of people during the period of Lantern Festival and other similar celebrations.

The Golden Bell, an extraordinarily rich ornamented building. Burning incense surrounded the pavilion with the accessory of wooden beams and cornices, the place came out looking even more delicate and exquisite than ever. Moreover, there was a lotus pond built in the middle of the building, carved out of gold in order to show Li Continent prosperity in terms of both wealth as well as lotus.

That should be the ideal place to date, a quiet and serene setting. Adequately, a proper place for her to evaluate how well the date went and inspection of future sister-in-law.

Now lost in the crowd, the white-haired transmigrator wandered aimlessly. Endless candles shone, illuminating the dark twilight. This was exactly like what the night market in her days would look like. It was bustling and lively.

Bai Shuyin strolled through the streets, gawking around curiously. The street foods looked amazing and the smells... they were heavenly. There were peddlers shouting and juggling, children shuttling through the crowds. If she hadn't known how vicious and despicable the war in the inner palace was, she would have said this kingdom was peacefully flourishing.

"Xiao Bai? Xiao Bai!"

Bai Shuyin almost groaned in reflex. Despite the busy market and loud shouting, countless people that went in and out like waves, as luck would have it, she was able to hear that particular voice loud and clear.

"Young Master Wu!" Bai Shuyin faked her excitement, kneeling on the ground. She did need to be on his good side after all.

"You can get up." Wu Jiangfeng waved his sleeves and his eyes fell on Bai Shuyin. "Is Xiao Bai also hungry?"

Bai Shuyin didn't quite register the question as she was busy looking around. The redhead prince frowned when he was ignored.

"Who are you looking for?"

"Your bodyguard."

"I slipped out."

"Hell yeah, you did— What?! Why would you do that?"

"Because I'm starving."

"Because you're starving." Bai Shuyin repeated after him with a deadpan expression. How could he still be starving after devouring a mountain of plates just a few hours ago?

"Xiao Bai is getting rude."

"You can't do that, Young Master Wu! Your safety comes first!"

Wu Jiangfeng suddenly grasped Bai Shuyin's hands and tugged her, not a little slightest hiding his joy. "Show me around!"

However, Bai Shuyin hurriedly pulled her hand away, clenching her fist and held it close to her chest, and regretfully said. "I apologize for not being able to fulfill Young Master Wu's wish, I am on a quest to search for my brother."

'Bless heavens, denying a prince's request, that's definitely a first.' Bai Shuyin thought.

"Brother?"

"Not a kin, but I care for him like how a relative shall." The snowy-haired girl said firmly.

Wu Jiangfeng seemed to be thinking as he studied the girl's posture before nodding. "Describe him."

"Huh?"

The redhead prince beckoned her to the side, to where there were fewer people. "Describe him to me." Wu Jiangfeng repeated, hands moving in circling motion before a reddish orange sparks appeared from his fingertips.

Once she was done describing Wang Heiyue to the prince, she gawked at the explicit performance. Three to four reddish translucent phoenix birds were born out of his palm, beating their wings and preparing to take off.

Those little birds were exceedingly beautiful, looking pure and pellucid. There were so dazzling and small particles of glitters fell from their wings when flying, leaving sparkles in the air. The Southern prince was really full of surprises.

Bai Shuyin reached her hand out, her fingertips graced the translucent feathers, only for her fingers to go through them, regardless of the heat radiated from the fiery birds. "Are these your familiar?"

"Familiar? These are my spiritual aids. They are my creations." Wu Jiangfeng said proudly. Unlike her, he could touch the spiritual animal, patting the one on his arm. Bai Shuyin could only look at him with jealousy, she really wanted to touch it!

"What can they do?"

The corner of Wu Jiangfeng's lips curled upwards, yet he spared no intention to elaborate any of the skills, which only made Bai Shuyin grow even more curious. He gently pushed the birds upwards and gave out a simple command. "Disperse."

Instantly, those phoenixs flew in different directions, leaving trails of reddish sparkles in their tails. "Now, shall we wait over a cup of tea?"

"Just like that?" Not even a single description was given? Even police dogs were given someone's belongings to sniff out their scents. Besides, Bai Shuyin was expecting to see more of a flamboyant or flashy execution. Maybe something like them bursting into sparks of fire and all.

Wu Jiangfeng must have read through her expression and gave her a look of 'are you kidding me?' before saying. "They are part of my soul."

"Your soul?"

Wu Jiangfeng nodded, before looking at Bai Shuyin smugly. "If I ever say a little birdie told me a secret, I don't mean it metaphorically."

***

Which do you guys choose for a better date spot? A crowded one or a quiet one? Movies or binge eating? Please comment and let me know!