This wasn't supposed to happen! Not in the next four years!

If she knew today was a bad day, she would have just stayed in her room and not come out at all. Now, she could only moan and sighed in despair with a certain Madam to blame. 

Her day had started really normal. 

Busy morning was a normal occurrence. Annoying and rude customers were also very normal. Having a stick in the ass Boss was also an occupational hazard. Still normal. 

Receiving a money pouch had disrupted the flow of the well-balanced day. Still not a bad day, though. 

Seeing her little bun lounging in the bed with a book in hand? Unexpected, but a very good upgrade. It really boosted her energy as she simply walked by and kissed his cheeks casually before asking where he had been all these days. 

Without getting any proper response, she pointed at the book and asked what it was about, only to receive another grunt as a reply. That, my friend, was the downfall of her mood. The virtual line graph had instantly made a dip, penetrating even the lowest depth of her mood meter. 

Was this how it felt to raise a child? 

At some point in life, they would reach puberty and started ignoring whatever the parents had to say. But he was just eleven! Well, he was a prodigy, so maybe his cells were developing much faster than normal kids?

Bai Shuyin could only pout. 

Though, she felt like she was missing something crucial at this point. And Wang Heiyue's attitude started to get a bit colder. Yes, he was still very obedient and listened to her well, however, he had turned a little bit standoffish. He wouldn’t go Yin Yin this or Yin Yin that anymore. And it had just been a month since they arrived and lived in the North Li Kingdom. 

While she had labeled that taciturn as 'early puberty', there's just this uneasy feeling swimming in her guts. Her eyelids kept madly twitching yet she still couldn’t notice anything amiss. 

Regardless of how her mood had dampened, that couldn’t compare to the feeling she was experiencing right now. 

Bai Shuyin had no words. She, of all people, had been accused of thieving. 

No. No! NO! 

‘Heavens! Have I wronged you in some way?!’ 

This scene wasn’t supposed to happen! Not in the next four years! Her chest seized as her cerulean eyes searched frantically at the missing figure of Wang Heiyue. 

She really shouldn't have asked him to accompany her today! 

The fatty grip on her small wrist tightened painfully, making her winced. Her arm was being stretched high above her head as the large meatsack of a man shook her violently. 

"Tell me, ya' stealing from who?" 

Bai Shuyin felt a headache forming and she said for a thousand times that moment. "How many times do I have to repeat myself? I didn't steal it!" 

The money pouch had laid on the ground, gold spilled out of it. Bai Shuyin could see those stares of greediness among the commoners that surrounded them. If those eyes could swallow up the gold, the money  would have vanished in an instant. 

The fat man, probably a butcher based on how pungent he smelt, wasn't satisfied with the answer he got. Smacking her across her head with his other hand, as if reprimanding her, giving her another chance to spit out the truth. 

Her head throbbed in pain. Bai Shuyin wanted to give him a middle finger. 

Just because she dressed in rags, she wasn't allowed to carry some money?! 

If they were in the modern world, Bai Shuyin would have sued him for discrimination!

"How dare you talk to your elders that way? Geez, kids these days have no manners at all!" 

Bai Shuyin gaped. What the fuck? Was this fat pig sick in the head? Not to mention, his voice was loud, loud enough to attract more and more people around. She hated being in the center of the attention and now, when she realized that currently, the incomprehensible gazes of those commoners and even those of higher status congregated on her body, Bai Shuyin instantly shrunk. 

Even though she pretended to be calm, her palms were covered in cold sweat. 

She swept over her surroundings out of the corner of her eyes. When she couldn’t find Wang Heiyue’s figure, the worry and unease in her heart rose, but at the same time, she was relieved. Glad that he wasn’t here to see his sister’s pathetic self. 

“Little thief, tell this laozi, whose money pouch did you steal from?” 

The fat butcher shook his hand and Bai Shuyin felt her body move along with him. She was like a stick compared to the donut-like human. Bai Shuyin wanted to sneer at the man, he probably thought he could be a hero after catching a sneaky little rat and got a little commission from the owner of the money pouch. 

Bai Shuyin scratched the fat lumps around her small wrist, intending to make the bruising grip loosened. She wanted nothing but to sink her dagger into those meaty hands, yet she refrained from doing so. 

Her role here was just a pitiful kid with a younger brother to take care of. 'Act like it!'

There was no use making a scene, she had decided to fit in as much as she could since the day she transmigrated here and she would. 

“Still dare to retaliate? Ha! Look at this thief, how shameless!” His hands almost crushed Bai Shuyin’s wrist bone. The fat butcher spoke like he was announcing his product to the market, proud of his catch. Bai Shuyin noticed how his eyes kept on eyeing at the fallen pouch nearby, salivating and fantasizing at the amount of gold he would receive. 

‘Peh!’ Bai Shuyin wanted to spit a mouth full of blood at him. ‘If he is waiting for Madam He to appear, then get lost! It’s not like Madam He will even give him a single penny for his contribution on catching the little thief.’

Bai Shuyin was only seconds close from digging her teeth into the overweight man’s arm and ripped it off when a voice interrupted them. 

“To think you have the guts to touch my servant, do you have a death wish?”