Li Fantong's Courtship (1)

Even though possessing the heavenly looks, Wu Jiangfeng's face contorted uglily. He sat silently, observing the occupants in the private room, an arrogant-looking old man and an innocuous little girl. A small underage little girl at that!

Wu Jiangfeng looked at the old man with thinly concealed disgust in his violet eyes. These people were nuts, sick in the head. How could they think of marrying such a little girl who had yet to know and explore the world? He was sure that the young girl didn't even reach his waist! 

How old was she? 

Five? She didn't even look like she reached the age of ten yet!

Wu Jiangfeng narrowed his eyes on them, from the old man to the girl. He knew this face, it was quite familiar despite never meeting at all. He had seen her quite a few times, once at the market and the other… through the eyes of his spiritual aids. 

The image of her running after the black dragon.

There was a sudden turmoil going through him. He recalled Xiao Bai asking him about the girl, about his opinion about her numerous times, which he never answered. Did she know this little tortoise is going to be betrothed to him? 

If so, how did she know? He himself didn't even have a damn clue about it.

For a mere servant, that white-haired girl knew too much. She recognized him just by observing his powers. A lowly commoner wouldn't know that, not even those who resided in the inner palace, only a few certain officials. 

However, Wu Jiangfeng decided not to dwell much on it, he thought it was merely a guess done by Xiao Bai, a coincidence. Maybe she was bright for her age or the intellectuality of her ancestors running in her blood. 

A knock pulled Wu Jiangfeng out of his inner monologue. The old man, with his hands tucked inside his sleeves said with a gruff 'come in' before a young waitress came in and served them a warm teapot, making sure to fill each one of the cups. She worked efficiently, fast and neat, never once did she ever make eye contact with any of them. 

The sound of soft clinking noises filled the silent room. No one spoke a word until she left, never showing her back to them either. 

Wu Jiangfeng felt like he should start the conversation or they would be sitting here till the breaking of dawn. He curled the end of his lips as courtesy, only to be stopped rudely when a letter was thrown carelessly in front of him. 

"This is the letter about breaking off the betrothal." Zhang Yi, an eunuch sent by Emperor Li, said in a very unseemly tone of voice. "His Highness Emperor Li didn't agree, so the letter is invalid." 

'Righttt….' Wu Jiangfeng's eyebrow twitched. He had been wondering if the letter he sent reached the neighboring kingdom since he received no response at all. So it did reach Li Kingdom. Apparently, this was not a mere blind date to see whether he liked the other or not, but they were expected to have already built a romantic relationship.

'With a five years old kid.' The southern prince solemnly added. 

When the prince of Wu Continent found out about the engagement he had no clue about, he immediately wrote a letter to break off the engagement confidentially. It wasn't that complicated when you have your own personal messenger. 

"Why?" The redhead prince questioned. 

A scoff, released with much revulsion, and an ugly sneer appeared on the old eunuch's face. 

"A lowly prince like you, how dare you question the decision of Emperor Li?" Eunuch Zhang spoke arrogantly. "You have no right to make any choices, Wu Jiangfeng. You are just a small prince from the neighboring kingdom with no resources at all. It is already marvelous enough that Emperor Li agreed to such petty favor. This elder can't believe you have the nerve to even think about rejecting this." 

He looked at Wu Jiangfeng as if the prince was a bug, something so scornful that disdain glinted in his wrinkly eyes. Eunuch Zhang pointed his stubby nose at the air, imperiousness oozing out from every pores of his wrinkly body. 

This elder had heard numerous stories about the prince, an extraordinarily good-looking young man. The prince's appearance did live up to his rumors, but he was no more than a little princeling from a kingdom way below his. 

As an eunuch that once served directly under the Emperor Li, there were uncountable things he heard coming right out of the king's very own mouth, about how weak and simple-minded they were despite being a kingdom that housed the most scholars. These people knew almost nothing about using the spiritual stones to their full capacity that they were selling the stones everywhere. 

Eunuch Zhang gave a scornful look at Wu Jiangfeng from the tip of his hair to the sole of his boots. This must be the stupid glutton prince who whined for some prudent lotus. What used to look so handsome but have such a shrimp-like brain? 

The old eunuch rolled his eyes and unexpectedly fell on a certain girl. He huffed in annoyance. If only he never ran his mouth off before, he wouldn't be exiled to the cold palace to serve this unruly princess and accompany her across the globe for her ridiculous marriage. 

On the other hand, Wu Jiangfeng, the newly appointed lowly prince, gaped. 'What…? What the hell just happened?'

That was the first time someone managed to insult him so blatantly like this. Besides, wasn't it the other way around? Who the hell was the one begging his father for a marriage contract way before this girl across from him formed any cells? 

"You—!" Bai Lun stepped forward, but stopped by a single wave from the 'lowly prince.' 

"Hiiii—!"

***

Notes: Li Fantong is only a year younger than Wang Heiyue. She was really small in structure hence why Wu Jiangfeng thought she was only five at first glimpse. She appeared even shorter in his eyes because of how tall he is.