Chapter 1

Every day is followed by a boring night.

Nothing to do.

Nowhere to go.

Until being ambushed by treasure hoarders, that is.

"We will kill you if you're leading us to the wrong place. You do understand that, don't you?" A voice snapped at me.

"Yes, I understand. I'm taking you to where you want to go." I replied harshly. Cooperating with them was my only choice, seeming as I was unarmed.

I was leading these treasure hoarders back to my home, where they would rob me of all of my valuable items. Mora, weapons, chests... the sort of things you could easily find just by adventuring.

"You aren't going to run when we arrive. Our brothers are already at your home, so you would not stand a chance. Pathetic."
I rolled my eyes in anger as I heard what he had said. Gosh, the temptation to just run for my life was irritating me - but I would rather survive than risk it.

As we reached our home, I stepped aside to let them in. I expected to be left alone, but clearly they were too paranoid.
"Brothers, make sure she doesn't leave. We can't risk her telling anybody anything."

Before I could comprehend what they had just said, a strong grip grabbed my wrists and I couldn't leave. What a nightmare.

They dragged me into my home, though what was present in my bedroom sent a chill down my spine.

A tall, red-haired man with crimson eyes stood in the centre of my room, wiping his blood stained hands.

"What? Who the hell do you think you are?!" A treasure hoarder yelled, letting go of my wrists and grabbing their weapons.

The corpses of the treasure hoarders who were in my house beforehand lay on the ground, staining my carpet with their blood.
However, it did not look like they had been killed with weapons at all. There were wounds in their necks which looked somewhat like teeth marks.

"Oh. I did not think I would be going on such a large killing spree tonight. Hm... the more the merrier, I suppose." The redhead replied, a small smirk growing on his face.

Mere seconds after he had spoken, screams and yells filled the room as the man moved extremely quickly to murder them. As he had ran so fast, I couldn't see exactly what was happening - but I had a rough idea. They were being bitten.

Around 10 seconds had passed, and the screaming had gone silent. The room was filled with dead bodies, and only me and the strange being remained.

One sentence kept ringing in my head.
I'm going to die.

Though, weirdly enough, the man did not seem to want to hurt me.

"You look terrified." He coldly whispered, moving the bodies to the side of the room.

"..."

You could barely even see the colour of my carpet, as it went a dark red shade due to the blood.

I subconsciously covered my eyes and turned away.

"Hello? Can you hear me?" He walked towards me and folded his arms.

"...What the hell are you?" I mumbled. I refused to look at him. It was just a bad dream, right?

"I don't think I need to answer that. You know what I am."

"Who are you...?"

"My name is Diluc. And you?" Though I wasn't looking, I could still feel his piercing gaze upon me. He didn't hurt me, though I still thought I was going to die.

"Why...? Aren't you just going to kill me in a minute, what do you need my name for?!" My voice cracked a few times. I was absolutely petrified.

Everyone will die one day, but why did I always think being murdered was the most terrifying way to go?

Diluc sighed.
"I'm not going to kill you."

"And why would I believe you?!"

"Look at me."

I hesitated for a moment, but then I realized I was just dreaming... I think?

I lifted my head up and slowly moved my eyes, before meeting my gaze with Diluc.

"If I was going to kill you, I would have done so already. Please just tell me your name."

He was right, the treasure hoarders died within two minutes of arriving.

"Y/N."

He nodded.
"Okay, Y/N. Now that you've seen who I am, I can't let you out of my sight. I'll take you to a tavern I work at for now."

Tears threatened to fill my eyes, though I nodded. Diluc clearly could kill me like flipping a light switch, and I had nowhere else to go.

He took my hand, though it felt more like a handshake rather than holding hands.

His movement was SO fast. It took less than a minute to get from the furthest part of Mondstadt to the city itself.

When we reached the gates, I quickly grabbed on to the wall.
I felt sick from the impact of moving so fast.

"Sorry about that. Next time we can walk, I didn't think about this happening." Diluc sounded genuine, but at the same time I knew I was somewhat scared of him.

"It's fine.." I replied, regaining my balance.

"It's this way." He started walking towards Angel's Share. I'd heard of it, but had never been there before.

"Find somewhere to sit for now, my shift ends in about one hour. I'll be at the main bar if you'd like anything to drink." Diluc said, before we entered the tavern.

As I walked in, I instantly recognized someone.
Blue-haired, has an eyepatch...

I didn't know him personally, but I recognized him from the Knights of Favonius.

Captain Kaeya.

I took a seat by the wall and sighed.
I had come to realize that it was not a nightmare, and everything was really happening.

I had actually found a real vampire.
He didn't kill me.
I had to stay near him until who knows when.

"Oh, I haven't seen you around here before. What's your name?" I looked up and realized that Kaeya was talking to me.

"Y/N, I don't usually come to Mondstadt." I quietly replied, looking at Diluc for a split second.

Kaeya caught on to this.
"Is that so? Hm.. Diluc, another wine, please?"

Diluc rolled his eyes visibly.
"Isn't that your... third, this evening?"

"What's your point? I've been wanting some sweet dandelion wine for a while, now." Kaeya smirked, trying to make me laugh.

I laughed under my breath so he didn't make it awkward.
Though, to my surprise, Diluc looked really annoyed.

"We're closing." He sternly put Kaeya's wine back on the shelf as people started to leave.

"What? The tavern doesn't close for another 45 minutes?"

"I said we're closing."

Kaeya left in annoyance, followed by a few other people.

Once again, it was just me and Diluc in the room. What was going on?