Chapter 14

-My POV-
What was that noise?

Someone was knocking on the door.

I stood up and started to walk downstairs.
It seemed like they was urgent, because they banged on the door again but with more force.

Though when I opened the door, I saw someone I didn't expect to see again.

The waiter from Good Hunter.

Even though we only saw him the night before, it was strange to see him again.

Diluc killed him, after all. Though I didn't know that.

"Um... can I... help you?" I nervously asked. He looked furious, and pulled me outside. The cold air suddenly hit me, and he slammed the door shut.

"I think you know why I'm here." He mumbled in anger.

I shrugged.
"No, I don't...? It's early, what do you want?"

To my surprise, I instantly felt his hand grip on to my throat.
Subconsciously, I tried to get myself free.

"Why did you kill me and turn me into a monster?!" He yelled straight into my face.

He thought that I did it, not Diluc. I guess that's what he remembered.

"Wh.. what...?!" I struggled to speak while fighting for oxygen at the same time. His hold was strong.

"You smell human, meaning I could kill you easily right here... wanna take that risk?" He whispered, making me more anxious...

"Do you understand how crazy you sound?! A human can't turn someone into a 'monster'!"

He chuckled and glared at me.
"Then explain how you know vampires exist..."

...

"I didn't kill you. Just go away." I tried to walk back inside, but of course, he had to grab me again.

"No. I'm not leaving until I get the revenge I want."

I stared him right in the eyes.
"Get. Off. Me."

He laughed maniacally and grabbed me even more viciously.
"You made a mistake, Y/N. I think it's time you made up for those mistakes..."

He leaned in closer, about to bite me.

But then I jolted awake with a gasp.

-

"Are you okay?" Diluc opened the door quickly. It had just turned midnight, he must have heard me.

I took a moment to catch my breath and to calm down.
"Y-Yeah. Bad dream."

"Oh, want to talk about it?" He sat beside me. He didn't want me to be awake for the rest of the night.

I told him what happened in the dream.

"Ah... I understand why that startled you. I think because of yesterday evening you're just a little paranoid. Everything will be alright."

I nodded in agreement and lay back, about to try and get back to sleep.

It got a bit awkward between us.

"Oh, um... about last night..." Diluc looked away nervously. "I'm sorry I seemed so annoyed at you when you... you know, hugged me... it's just... nobody has done that for a really long time..."

I chuckled.
"You didn't seem annoyed, it's alright. I didn't know what else to do."

"Ah, well in that case, thank you. You made me feel comforted, for the first time in a while."

Diluc stood up and smiled at me.
"Get some rest, okay? Goodnight."

"Night..."

That entire conversation I had with him made my stomach feel weird. I did not know what it was, or how I felt about it.
I couldn't tell if it made me want to yell, or if I wanted to feel it again.

Perhaps I was just tired? Or worried?

Either way, it was confusing...

-Diluc's POV-
I knew I was acting strangely that whole conversation.
Her dream was basically telling her what happened, and I was worried she'd be angry at me because of what I did.

What if it was true? What if that waiter really had become a vampire?

I lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling.
How could I just continue to normally live my life with Kaeya and him around?

Why did people just want to irritate me? What had I done wrong?!

I got under the covers and sighed to myself.

"I should just... try to relax..." I mumbled, before falling asleep.

-My POV-
Though Diluc had already calmed me down, I couldn't help but feel anxious.
Like I already said to myself, Diluc's life would have been normal if we didn't meet that night.

Kaeya would not be avoiding him...

The maids at the winery would be more focused on their work...

I just wished I could fall asleep and all of our worries would disappear.

But as they say, life isn't always fair.