Chapter 10

The afternoon quickly approached and we got our things, ready to go to Dawn Winery.
"Unfortunately it's still heavily raining. We will have to bring an umbrella." Diluc stated, opening a cupboard and picking up a large umbrella.

He handed it to me.
"I told everyone there that they could have a day off today, so it should be empty."

We left his house and I put up the umbrella before we'd get drenched. I did not know the way there, so I had to follow Diluc.
Again, it was not a long walk, luckily. However it was a little cold due to the weather.

"Oh yes, by the way, I reckon we will be heading back home quite late afterwards. I have a bit of work to finish, though it won't take longer than 15 minutes."
I nodded to tell him that it was okay.

---
Once we reached Dawn Winery, the sight filled me with awe. It was pretty, especially with the sunset shining over all of the trees.

"Woah..."

Diluc noticed my amazement and laughed softly.
"You should see it when the sun rises, it's beautiful." He said, glancing at me with a small grin.

"What do you do here?" I asked as we walked inside. It was extremely fancy; red carpets, a chandelier... it even had a fireplace.

"It's where most of the wine is planned to make, I believe. As you could probably tell with all of the grapes outside."

I noticed a part of the room filled with books and a small sofa. I pulled one of the books from the shelf and peered at it after blowing off the slight dust.

"What is this book?" I asked, trying to make out what the words said.

"To be honest, I'm not sure. I only suggested about three books to be placed here, and the others were chosen at random."

"Oh, I guess that explains it." I put the book back and turned to Diluc.

"Right, well, I have to go and finish my work, like I said before. I promise I won't be gone for long, feel free to look around." He replied, before going up the stairs and in to a room, which must have been an office.

I didn't know what to do, though in the end I decided to just do what Diluc said and explore the place.

By the stairs, a strange vase caught my eye.
'Hmm, that looks out of place.' I thought, before examining it a little closer. 'Must be a gift from someone, perhaps.'

I walked away from it and was about to head back to the sofa, though a knock at the door interrupted me.
Diluc must have heard it, because he came back downstairs and opened it.

"Adelinde?"

I looked behind the door and noticed a woman with short, blonde hair. She was wearing maid clothes, so my mind instantly knew she worked at the winery.

"Sorry, Master Diluc." She started. "I know I was supposed to be back at 8PM, and that I am two hours early, but I felt anxious about leaving the winery unattended, so I came back. I hope it's not a- oh, who's this?"

I came to realize she was looking at me, as her emerald green eyes met with mine.

"Please, come in." Diluc moved from the door and Adelinde walked in after saying thank you.

"This is Y/N. She's a friend of mine who is visiting the winery for the first time." He said, closing the door.

"Oh, really? Nice to meet you!" Adelinde gave me a warm smile.

"It's nice to meet you too, Adelinde." I grinned back at her.

She suddenly took a step closer to me - as if she wanted to give me a hug.
"Please, don't hesitate to ask me if you'd like anything! I'll be there in an instant."

After that, she walked away to do what seemed like cleaning.
Me and Diluc made eye contact for a second, before he left to continue working.

I walked back to the sofa and picked up a different book, before sitting down.
It was a little boring since I was reading for around an hour, but soon enough it was already pitch black outside.

Diluc must have had more work than expected because he was upstairs for quite a while.

Adelinde came over to me a few times to ask if I needed anything, but I politely declined.

I knew it was early, but unintentionally I was starting to fall asleep. I tried to stay awake, though all of the walking from the day had come back to me all at once.

Before I even knew it, I had lost my grip on the book and it fell on to my chest.

---
Diluc's POV
I had finished all of my work around one hour and thirty minutes after Adelinde had come to the winery.

I felt slightly guilty about leaving Y/N for that time, though it could not be helped.

I went down the stairs and, to my surprise, she had fallen asleep on the sofa near where we briefly talked about the books.

Adelinde saw me and walked over to me, holding a duster.
"Oh, you've finished your work!"

I nodded.

"Y/N fell asleep about thirty minutes ago, so I gave her one of your blankets when I noticed. I hope you don't mind, I did not want her to feel cold." She mentioned, placing down the duster.

"I don't mind. Thank you for the kind gesture, though."

"Of course! I think she is a sweet girl, Master Diluc. You picked the right one."

I felt my face heat up.
"Oh, uh... we're not..-"

But before I could say anything, Adelinde was gone.

I went and sat beside Y/N.

"Y/N?" I whispered, trying to wake her up. I did not want to, but we had to go home before the other workers came back.

She opened her eyes and mumbled.
"Mmhm?"

For some reason, my heart skipped a beat.

"We have to go home, it's late."

She nodded and sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"Can I bring the blanket?" She jokingly replied. Though either way, I didn't mind.

"If you like. I'll use my speed - we'll get home quicker."

I took her hand and left the winery.
In pretty much 10 seconds, we were already home.

"Are you alright?" I asked, remembering she is not used to it.

However, she was already leaning on my upper arm, fast asleep.