Chapter 3

-Diluc's POV-
I opened Y/N's door slightly and peeked in. I had knocked before, but as there was no answer, I just assumed she was still sleeping - to which I was correct.

She was quietly holding on to the duvet, fast asleep. I had to get to my shift at the tavern, though I still had doubts in my mind about leaving her alone.

'I'll just leave a note,' I thought, before grabbing a piece of paper to write on.

'Y/N, I've gone to Angel's Share for my shift. Meet me there one hour max after you've woken up. I left some mora here so you can grab something to eat, if you'd like. -Diluc'

-My POV-
Half an hour after Diluc left, I woke up.

Yawning, I got out of bed and spotted the note he'd left.

"Hmm.. it's nice of him to leave some mora." I mumbled to myself, before slapping myself internally. "No. He's a vampire. I can't keep acting like this."

Though in reality, he was very caring and kind.

I got dressed with some spare clothes I managed to find, and grabbed the mora pouch.
I had around an hour to get to Mondstadt and get to Good Hunter before I had to go to the tavern, so more than enough time.

---

When I got to Good Hunter, I immediately noticed the amount of people that were there. I'd definitely have to wait a little while before I could even order.

In the end, I figured I was not patient enough to wait that long. I turned around and walked to the store where I could get some fruit. Ideally, it was for cooking, but I certainly did not feel like going hungry.

After I'd eaten, I just decided to go to the tavern fifteen minutes early. It was not a big deal.

"Oh, Y/N! Nice to see you!" A loud and enthusiastic voice greeted me as I opened the door. I took a seat where I was the night before.

"Morning, Kaeya." I replied, putting on a smile.

"Can I get you anything?" Diluc asked, catching both mine and Kaeya's attention.

"Oh, ah, no thanks."

Perhaps Diluc acted different in private than in public, seeming as his tone and attitude had changed.
Kaeya looked a little irritated that Diluc had 'interrupted' our conversation, but not even one word came out of his mouth about it.

"Anyways..." Kaeya started, sipping his wine. It astounded me that he was drinking alcohol so early in the morning.
"How are you? You look a little tired, late night?"

He was acting friendlier than usual. Though, not many people were even in the tavern at that moment, so I thought nothing of it.

"I'm alright, thanks. How about you?" I asked in return, resting my head on my palm.

"I'm well, thank you for asking.." Kaeya smirked, shooting very quick glances towards Diluc. "You sure you don't want a drink? It's on me."

"Huh? You don't have to, it's fine."

"Really, it's no problem. My pleasurez actually!"

I felt bad saying no to such a nice offer; though I couldn't help but notice again how pissed Diluc looked.

"Okay then, thank you." I gave Kaeya a small grin, which he returned 10x more enthusiastically.

"Diluc, one dandelion wine, please?"
Kaeya repeated, as he said pretty much the same thing yesterday.

Diluc poured the wine into a glass and handed it to me. I thanked him and sipped a tiny bit. It was horrible, I tried my hardest not to spit it out.

"Ahaha, not fond of alcohol, I see?" Kaeya chuckled.

I shook my head.
"Not really, no. I appreciate you getting me some, though." I laughed under my breath and placed the glass down.

"What drinks do you like, then?"

"Um..." I thought for a second. "I mean, I like juices, orange, grape, apple, though I don't have them much anymore."

As soon as Kaeya heard the word 'grape', he almost spat out his wine.

"Ugh, grape juice? Personally I can't stand the thought of that..."

Diluc looked up a little, but didn't say anything. Kaeya knew it was one of his favourite drinks.

"Really? I think it's way better than wine. Healthier, too." I jokingly said to Kaeya, though to me it sounded a bit like an insult. He seemed to take it the right way, luckily.

"At least I don't drink fruit. Honestly, I'd rather drink water for the rest of my life than grape juice. And alcohol can be quite healthy, you know!"

I chuckled.
"Sorry, how's your liver?"

I noticed Diluc turned around and smiled, as if he was trying to hide it from us. They seemed to really annoy each other - I thought at first maybe it was because Kaeya was at the tavern so much.

"Ah, would you just look at the time? I completely forgot I have some commissions to finish. I'll see you later, Y/N." Kaeya placed mora on the bar to pay for the drinks and left the tavern.

Most people had gone upstairs if they were drinking, so me and Diluc had time to talk.

"God, he's annoying sometimes.." Diluc whispered, cleaning Kaeya's empty cups.

"He's funny." I replied, grinning and remembering what he had said about alcohol.

"At times, I suppose."

"I can't see why he doesn't like grape juice, and literally drinks wine...!"

"Exactly my point," Diluc started, putting the cups back on a shelf. "Grape juice is one of my favourite drinks, sometimes I think he says it just to irritate me."

I nodded.
"It's one of my favourites as well. Maybe he just... I don't know, is used to the taste and strength of alcohol?" I thought, trying a little bit of the wine again. It didn't taste any better than before.

"Ew."

Diluc chuckled quietly and leaned against the wall.
I was about to talk about Kaeya's weird logic again, before quite a few people walked in, so I kept quiet.

Diluc and I exchanged glances for a second. While I was talking to Kaeya, I had forgotten about who Diluc was... though it still felt like making a new friend. However, by the amount of people in the tavern, it was gonna be a busy day, for sure.