10

-Alia Romano-

"Ev and Ale go together. Matteo is with me. Angel stays with Auntie Em and Uncle George. We're not taking any risks here. Do not split up."

Everyone nods and checks their weapons.

"Coms check?" I speak.

"Team six and seven has arrived at our warehouse. Making entry now." Sev says.

"Team three and four here." Jack speaks up, "Doing our perimeter search and joining Yetty inside in a minute."

"Ricky? Lorenzo?" I speak.

"Just now arriving. Traffic is a bitch." The Russian groans.

"Ricky?" I turn away from the group.

Static-

"H-Here. I'm here. Sorry, I always have trouble working these damn coms." He sighs, "We've made contact, waiting for perimeter search to join us."

I nod even if he can't see, "Okay. Be safe guys."

"Can't be safe in battle but we try." They all say in sort of sync over coms. It makes me smile despite all that's happening.

I turn back to everyone.

"Watch your step and surroundings. Take it slow, focus on every detail you find." They all nod.

"Let's get our Winter back." Matteo steps forward.

We go off our separate ways. Em and George take Angel with the rest of their team and head on for the perimeter search.

Matteo grips my hand as the rest of us travel through the thick set of woods. Memories flowing back from nearly a year ago.

It takes us a moment to even reach sight of the warehouse, but once we do, Matteo releases my hand and unholsters his gun.

I do the same, along with everyone else.

There are two guards in the distance. The sway and pace in their positions, almost as if their waiting.

Possibly for us.

"It would be no surprise if he already knows we're coming. Still, don't turn your back on an unchecked doorway." I whisper.

We continue to move forward, me and Matteo trailing closely behind everyone.

We move to the side of the warehouse, the sound of cars rushing near by.

Alessio and Evret round the corner. The sound of the guards choking and then a thump, twice, told us the coast was clear.

Me and Matteo took point and made quick work to get the door opened.

I looked out into the silent forest, Em and George coming to view with their team and Angel. They split into two groups and went around either side of the warehouse.

Matteo silently pushed the door opened to reveal the darkness of inside.

I stepped in first, checking the left side before the right. Matteo was right behind me.

I got a quick glance at Evret stepping in then Alessio and Ma and Pa.

Papa stood at the door, making sure no one could lock us in, Mama didn't dare go more than twenty feet away from in.

Our steps echoed through the vast space. A dripping sound coming from a far unseen corner.

I pulled out a flashlight from my pocket and held it with one hand as my other occupied my gun.