17

-Alia Romano-

"You're actually getting on my nerves." I rolled my eyes at Evret who was sitting next to me in a barstool.

He scoffed before taking another sip of his whiskey, "You, my friend, just have no taste in adventure."

"Can you two stop bickering and get back to work." I overheard Matteo in the coms. His accent really pushing through.

I smirked as my eyes landed on him across the room. He adjusted to the multiple women trying to touch and/or whisper in his ear.

"Enjoying yourself Matty?" I said.

He glared at me from the distance, "This is anything but enjoyable."

"Meglio abituarsi. Sei se" I said, letting my accent push through as far as it wanted. Better get used to it. You're hot.

"Una bocca così sporca." He smirked. Such a dirty mouth.

"So we all just magically don't know how to speak Italian anymore, right?" Evret said. I looked over to find him no longer next to me.

"Vantaggi di essere bilingue. Affrontalo." I scoffed as I turned back to the bar and sipped my martini. Benefits of being bilingual. Deal with it.

"I don't know if it's a benefit to know what you said or not." Evret spoke.

"Enough. Focus."

For minute, I sat in silence because of Matteo's order. I enjoyed the slight tube of the orchestra playing and my drink.

That was until a hand layer on the small of my back. It wasn't Matteo, that I knew.

I looked up to see a middle aged man with salt and pepper hair. His beard was long and looked rather—itchy.

"Is there someone I should be worried about?" He says.

"Is there someone you want to worry about?"

"You. For a night or two." His smirk made me uncomfortable. "What's your name beautiful?"

"È questo lo stronzo?" I sipped my drink. Is this the asshole?

"Spanish? I know a little bit, 'Hola Señora!" He attempted.

"That's him. Remember the objective. Seduce, drug, kill." Matteo said.

"Facile." Easy. "What's your name?" I touched his chest.

His smile was... ugly.

"Tyler. But you can call me daddy." He inched closer, "what's yours?"

I plastered my smile, "Irene Davidson."

His hand travelled the slightest inch further down.

"Alia if you're uncomfortable, you tell me and I'll shoot him right here." Matteo said lowly.

I shook my head, "Io sto bene." I'm fine.

"Do I need to buy you another drink to get you to tell me what your saying?" He laughed.

"I said, you're very handsome."

"Sounded a little different sweetheart."

"I'm being pg for the sake of the hosts guests." I picked up my drink.

"So there's no Mr. Davidson. Or soon to be? If there is, I should question his choice of whereabouts. Very dangerous to leave such a beauty alone here."

"I should question why you care so much for if I have a partner when you're practically throwing yourself at me." I tugged his tie.

"Because you haven't given me a reason why I shouldn't be."