Eleven

She didn't realize that, to a certain extent, everything she had or wanted was completely out of reach.

There was nothing in this world that she owned, nothing she could claim that was rightfully hers. No one she could truly trust. Sure, Cassian and Nyx had been moderately good-natured, and Mor had been genial throughout the time they had conversed.

But, she knew she had to be unable to rely or have enough faith in them so she wouldn't be let down. Telling Mor about herself had been a means of releasing a volume of stress, one that was beginning to become unbearable. Being in a position of free-fall, having to go with the flow in a ways, was entirely not her style. She was used to understanding her bearings and surroundings, knowing the people around her and being adept at observing. The true nature of this world was strange, with different accents, people, races, cities filled with fae—or were some humans? Mala need to know, she had the desire of have knowledge of where she now was and everything in it.

Although she was a bit pissed that Mor had been so willing to share her secrets, she was a tad bit grateful. It meant that she had an opportunity to plead for help, for anyone to assist her in her quest to get home. Not that she would ever attempt to appeal to someone so much, Mala would have to be in a dire enough situation to have to beg, especially on her hands or knees for anything. She was a princess, and neither princesses or queens begged for things they should already have the skill to acquire. It would be absurd for someone like to her, to not have the ability to travel back to Terresan. She could do it, help or no help damned, she was capable on her own. However, she wasn't against assistance for her expedition. If this High Lord and Lady decided to aid her, she would welcome their support. To do that though, she'd have to charm them over. Strive for honesty and courtesy, be polite. Don't talk back, keep an even face, and give the impression of gentle and benign.

Easier said than done.

She should have been more prepared.

More guarded.

More protective of her mind.

More aware of herself.

More restrained, reserved.

More vigilant and defensive.

She shouldn't acted so fake at the start.

She shouldn't have led them on.

Safe to say, she should have been a lot more damn things.

Mala stepped a hasty gait close behind Mor as said female sauntered swiftly through the hall to who knows where. Wasting no time, as if the very thing were against them. Hopefully time wasn't against them nevertheless. The thought of the times of this world and Mala's being unevenly paced pushed at the back of her head. She ignored it. To think of the span of time in the short interval she was here being different would have Mala scared-stiff, unmovable, unthinkable. She didn't think she could ever recover if she found out if something like that existed. That, while she was here, numerous years might be passing in Terresan as the seconds ticked by here—no. She couldn't, wouldn't let herself think about it.  Focus on the moment at hand. She needed to focus.

A room at the far end of the hallway earned her attention. A hearty female laugh carried out of it, the melodic sound unsettling to Mala, as she was incapable to see whose laugh it belonged to.

Her willingness to keep coy was beginning fray, her nerves straining to control her sudden nervous tension. She was too highly strung, but it was now or never.

Mor stopped at the opened door, waving at the occupants inside with a grin spread across her winsome face.

"You brought her?" a gruff, masculine voice asked.

Nodding, Mor moved over so Mala could look inside of the space, observing the seated fae.

And fae they were.

One, who was most likely the one who had asked the question appeared as an authoritative, muscular, personable Illyrian fae, with pointed ears like Nyx, and wings like both him and Cassian.

The other, another Illyrian fae with horridly scarred hands and murky dark eyes. Eyes that held countless secrets unbeknownst to the realm, an unpromising future of bleakness. Shadows clung to him, whispering tantalizing tales, their whispering indecipherable worlds attractive and silky smooth to the ear.

Baffling as it all was, there was one more fae. She was with starry grey blue eyes, golden-brown honey hair, with an outwardly appearance of eternal beauty in the eyes of all beholders.

Neither Cassian nor Nyx were anywhere in sight. She tried not to feel a tang of betrayal. For they had brought her here and abandoned her for their glorious Night Court leaders to judge and overpower her.

Although any of them had yet to reveal any sort of prowess in the art of potentially manipulation, Mala assumed at once that they most definitely possessed some sort of power, or else she wouldn't feel so out of her element, surrounded by forces who she knew had earned their titles. Even without divulging any information about themselves, the female believed with her full being that these were not fae to be deceiving and played with. She would be the one being played with, whether she liked it or not.

~tev <3