Fifteen

After quite a bit, Amren and Nyx seemed to come to agreement, with both taking a step in different directions walking away, dispute over.

Nyx headed over back to Mala and the loveseat while Amren exited the room off to who knows where. She didn't deign Mala a farewell, so in response the female didn't provide her with one either.

"Apologies if Amren came off as a bit... shrew. She means well I promise, but sometimes she's just usually not in the mood to be disagreed with," Nyx stood in front of Mala, his arms crossed across his broad chest.

By "usually not in the mood", Mala deduced that such a thing was a normality for Amren, having used to always being right. Nyx, who disagreed with her, he himself having distrust with her hypothesis, apparently wasn't something she could handle right now. Or ever, if she always had a sort of God-complex. But, she wasn't one to judge to harshly, so Mala let her thoughts slip from her mental hold, bury them, and replace them with Nyx.

Nyx, who was now motioning for her to follow him to another hallway, room, tent, or something that held significance to him, as he strode on with a sturdy gait.

The moment Mala stood up to follow him though, he stopped stiffly all of a sudden. His brow furrowed and his eyes roamed upward, as if communicating with someone in his head. Exactly how Mor had. Before she'd of course sent her off to converse with the High Lord and Lady of the Night Court.

If Nyx thought that she would so easily let her defenses falter as they once did when she was at the mercy of these perverse twits he was probably communicating with he was sorely mistaken. The reason how he was communicating however, was lost to Mala. Perhaps some form of telepathy? Of course it wasn't a large concept to handle, these fae had invaded her mind, so of course they could transfer their thoughts and words into the heads of others as well. These fae were much more trouble than Mala had originally thought them out to be.

His eyes unexpectedly swiveled sharply to Mala, his stare intense and swallowing her whole. "I know you don't trust or know me very well, but I need you to listen to me very carefully," he started, his voice guttural and coaxing, like Lorcan's was when he wanted to be heeded to.

"If you think asking me to trust you will be enough for me to follow you blindly to wherever you lead me, you are incorrect in considering that in the first place," she interrupted him, not interested in his persuasive act.

His gaze was locked on her's, slight amusement dancing within his glittering eyes, and a slight twitch in his lips, although his whole facial expression still looked to be a bit strained.

"Mala, dearest, I know it may be a bit hard for you to comprehend, with being in a new world and all that, but if you wish for your stay here to go smoothly, then I suggest cooperating with the fae providing you with a place to stay," his voice started again, rebutting her argument in a stony tone.

She scoffed but allowed him to keep speaking without butting in again. She wouldn't put it past these fae to kick her out of their... What even was this place? Mala knew it was located in Velaris, that was what Cassian had said; but what type of house or castle was this, to have so many rooms? Perhaps it had to do with Cassian and Nyx being all cozy with the Lord and Lady; that would make sense. This was probably their little fortress or something, meaning that their would most likely be guards stationed at the exits and entrances. Dammit.

"Mala..." Nyx trailed off, realizing that she wasn't exactly paying that much attention at the moment.

She gave him a slight dip of her head for him to spout whatever bullshit he saw fit to keep her in line. Fae males and their typical demeanor that everyone must listen and obey them.

A dark chuckle formed deeply in her head, one that was not her own. Nyx. Nyx was in her head. Again. Even after putting up fire walls and telling him to fuck off, he was still trying to unearth more of her secrets. Yet again was she at the mercy of his prowess, unable to do anything with her present skill level when it came to the playing mental games he had so much expertise in.

"OUT," she screamed inside her mind, hoping it would deter him.

It didn't.

"Don't be so uptight princess, you won't be hurt unless you decide to stray away from the protection I'm providing you," he said again in her head, needing not even to move his lips to form the words.

And—princess? He really did know her secrets if he was using her actual title. Not that he seemed to care at all; he was so laid back as if her title meant nothing to him. She'd make him respect her one way or another, he'd pay for not recognizing her as what she truly was.

And protection? This is what he called protection? Keeping her away in a large building with strange fae she didn't even know was protection? Mala sneered at his sanguine opposition to her, and how he believed he could keep her safe; from what exactly though?

"We have a visitor from the Autumn Court. We wish for you to observe him and see if he has any sort of connection to you," Nyx answered her thoughts.

Because obviously talking out loud was overrated anyway. Penetrating the one place Mala could be alone was much better. She rolled her eyes but allowed him to indulge her, "Alright then, lead the way sir stuck-up, your wish is my command."

A crazed grin took over his face as he stepped toward her, taking her hand in his. Just alike to the last time he had touched her, her body was lit aflame, a shock of electricity filtering through her, while darkness shrouded them both. If Nyx thought he could winnow them both out of her again...

"Don't worry dearest, I'll keep you safe," Nyx whispered in her ear before they were whisked away.

~tev <3