Fourty Five

Nyx gripped the scythe tightly in his hand, more energy than before pulsing around the nearly vibrating weapon, filled with power from both of them. Mala felt his fingers flex around her's, gearing up for the creature that had pinpointed itself on them.

Now carrying the knowledge of what they possibly could be—though frightening and endearing, she felt more confident and empowered than she had in days. If she was indeed correct on her assumption on the fact that her and Nyx had the ability to connect and share their powers, then the rightful explanation would be that they were more powerful together.

She almost felt sorry for what was going to become of the hideous beast in front of them.

While one part of her mind screamed out at her to share what she believed to be true, another warned her that she may be wrong. Leaning towards the latter side, she decided against it, urging herself to stay on task instead of pointless dawdling in could be's and would be's. It would hurt too much to find out she'd been wrong.

Without a warning of any sort, Nyx flew himself forward, dragging her along. She kicked off of the ground with one of her legs to propel herself along with the muscular fae male.

A wave of energy rushed out of her and into Nyx, and assumedly into the energy-cackling scythe he held in his hand. The creature roared in front of them, its razor sharp teeth shining in the sun.

...at least it was before Nyx stabbed it in the fucking neck.

The ugly beast died with an unpleasant shriek in its throat. Gushing blood poured from the gape near its head as it fell to the dusty ground. Fire from the weapon washed over it, burning strongly along it's hide.

The scythe fell with it, shattering when it came in contact with the ground, energy dispersing from it. The two fae's hands were still intertwined, hanging between them, a repeating energy that never stopped circling back and forth.

Mala turned her head away from the gruesome sight to look at him.

To look at the fae splattered with blood.

To look at the other worldly Illyrian male.

To look at her carranam.

To look at Nyx.

He turned shortly after she had, his eyes holding hundreds of selective emotions swimming hopelessly around. She wanted to pluck each and every one of them out from his head and study them—nurture them.

His gaze turned smoldering, as she knew her's already had. He was bare, unclothed, with large wings that curled around his sinewy figure. She risked a look down.

Oh.

Oh.

Resisting the flush of blood to her face, she raised her eyes slowly, evenly, and with intent. Nyx was grinning a suggestive smirk when she met his burning stare again. Such a flirt.

Then again, the best part of their particular situation was that at least she knew he felt the same at the present moment. The female sensed a tap at her mental barricades and gave her own smile in return to his before letting him in.

Immediately, he invaded her with himself.

With his effortless flair, dizzying charm, and ever so sharp mind. Nyx, who was both body and brain, full of everything that she never knew she wanted or even needed. He was inside her head, occupying every nook and cranny, filling her with his thoughts.

Lustful, indecent thoughts.

Thoughts that would have made even the dead creature on the ground blush.

"Lecherous fae," she breathed out, face hot and mind on fire full with her own desire—as well as his.

Those were the last words she managed to get out before he was on her.

~lmk if u want this teen or mature <3