𝖝𝖝𝖛. something bad's about to happen to me

chapter twenty-five

chapter twenty-five.
( something bad's about to happen to me )

              ASCELLA'S MIND WAS SWIMMING WITH THE NEW INFORMATION DUMBLEDORE HAD GIVEN HER

              ASCELLA'S MIND WAS SWIMMING WITH THE NEW INFORMATION DUMBLEDORE HAD GIVEN HER. Who was Leia? What had happened to her? And where was she now?

              Ascella had reluctantly withheld the information about Leia to herself, not wanting to share it with anyone else. It seemed too personal for her to share, as she felt a sense of familiarity towards Leia, a girl she hadn't even met before.

              Harry and Ascella had informed Hermione and Ron about everything they'd seen in the Pensieve regarding the court memory they had watched, and what they had heard with Moody, the Minister and Dumbledore. Of course, they had many questions, ones that Harry and Ascella weren't able to answer.

              "Hey," Harry murmured to her after the tense conversation they all had, "what did Dumbledore want?"

              "Oh! Well, he just — erm — wanted to show me a book he got! He said that it's quite useful for me," Ascella lied, a measly excuse the only thing she could come up with her. Her mind was on overdrive, from the pressure of the looming third task and the mystery of Leia, Ascella could hardly think straight.

              Harry, who tended to be quite oblivious to many things, shrugged carelessly, "Oh, okay, then. He just made it seem like it was something terrible that had happened."

              "Dumbledore usually has that effect," smiled Ascella. "I'm surprised you weren't trying to listen in."

              "I was tempted to," admitted Harry with a sheepish grin. "But I knew if you found out you'd kill me."

              "Damn right I would," chuckled Ascella. "Nosiness isn't cute."

              "It's called curiosity, Black," corrected Harry, and Ascella rolled her eyes playfully.