03

“You’re great at taking photos.” Chaehyun scrolled through the shots Dayeon was able to snap.

The duo were back inside the car, seeking warmth after staying outside in the frigid air. The harsh wind made it worse for them as well. Dayeon was just about to lose her mind, feeling Chaehyun’s slender fingers shifting and wiggling between her own. The raven haired girl asked the brunette if they could hold hands, claiming that before, when they were walking to the car, their hands brushed against each other’s and Chaehyun was stunned by the warmth Dayeon’s hand emitted.

“Upset?” Chaehyun locked eyes with the younger. The brunette had been spacing out and sighing way too often.

“I guess.” Dayeon rested her head against the cold window, maybe regretting it, but in all honesty the coldness felt a bit soothing.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be back quicker than you know it-”

“A year? A whole year you’ll be gone.” Dayeon felt Chaehyun squeeze her hand out of comfort. “Who am I supposed to take pictures with?”

“I’m sure you can find someone. You have friends right?” Chaehyun’s thumb caressed the brunette’s hand.

“No one does it better than you.” Dayeon admitted in a mumble, but clear enough for the older to catch.

She felt her cheeks burning, her gaze becoming fragile. She awkwardly shuffled in her seat and felt like crashing her head into the window, maybe even shattering it. But she reminded herself that it was Chaehyun’s car and not her own. She heard a laugh slip out of Chaehyun’s mouth.

“Aw, thanks.” Chaehyun smiled and reached over, gently pinching the girl's cheek. Dayeon whined and shoved Chaehyun’s hand away, her eyes giving a threatening glare. Though, Dayeon would never truly mean to cause any harm.

“In all seriousness, don’t worry. Take a break or something. You’re always up and about taking photos and everything.” Chaehyun started the engine and let her hand slip out of Dayeon’s, Dayeon feeling like a part of her just left.

“You think you could wait?” Chaehyun blurted.

“Yeah.”

That was 2 years ago.