12

So there Dayeon was, slow-dancing with Chaehyun again under the night sky, falling under her spell once more and having no choice but to be charmed. It almost felt like a hassle. They repeated the same exact steps, minus the mistakes from their junior year, and Dayeon felt a difference in the atmosphere. They were staring at each other the whole dance, eyes full of passion. Not once did their eyes divert, nor did the passion weaken. Their gazes spoke for them, telling the other how badly they wanted each other, and it painted Chaehyun with guilt. As they swayed once more, tension grew between the two. Dayeon had gradually inched closer to Chaehyun, drowning in the dreadful feeling of love. It was the only time Dayeon felt like being greedy, and would let it eat her alive. Chaehyun knew what the blonde was doing, and though it was tempting to close the gap between her and Dayeon, she slid her fingers between them and gently pushed Dayeon's lips back with a soft chuckle.

"Just keeping you safe." Chaehyun whispered and a brow raised from Dayeon.

"What do you mean by that?"

Chaehyun shrugged and left Dayeon unanswered. Dayeon quickly decided to brush it off and let herself enjoy this precious moment with Chaehyun, but it felt off. When Chaehyun spun into Dayeon's embrace this time, she noticed how the blonde had stopped dancing. Now, she was simply hugging Chaehyun as if there was no tomorrow. The headphones now rested around her neck, so she wasn't listening to the music anymore but rather both of their hearts that were beating in sync. Dayeon rested her chin on Chaehyun's shoulder and hugged her tighter.

"Why'd you stop?" Chaehyun questioned the blonde, the blonde releasing a sigh.

"From the look in your eyes, it feels like you're about to leave me again. Are you?" Dayeon was staring at Chaehyun's profile, wishing the girl could look straight at her and exchange gazes. Even if Chaehyun wanted to look at Dayeon, she felt fragile at the moment. One eye lock with Dayeon and she felt like she would shatter. Even though she was silent, Dayeon understood.

"Why?" The question trembled on Dayeon's lips, her eyes stinging as Chaehyun grew the courage to face the younger. Dayeon gulped, "Would you at least promise to come back whenever you say you will this time?"

Chaehyun sighed, debating with herself for the shortest amount of time. She decided to break it to Dayeon, so she faced her. Her hands cupped Dayeon's face, her lip quivering out of distress. "I've already left you, Yeon."

"What?" Dayeon was beyond confused.

"Follow me.."

Chaehyun held onto Dayeon's hand tightly as she brought her down the hill and back into the dandelion field. If Dayeon was being honest, she didn't know how to feel anymore. It was almost like intimacy, disappointment, and heartache was molded into a ball all together, sprinkled with frustration and thrown straight at her. It only made her feel worse when Chaehyun had brought her deeper in the dandelion field than usual. They stopped in front of a fairly average sized sign, one that Dayeon began to question and stare at intently.

"What is that.?" Dayeon didn't know if she was reading correctly. Perhaps she needed her glasses?

The sign read,

R . I . P
Kim Chaehyun
2002 - 20**