14

Dayeon stopped her train of thought right then and there. Her feet dragged her straight to her car, her only thought being confronting Youngeun with no manners at all. Once she got in the car, she hurriedly inserted her keys and stepped on the gas.

As she drove, her grip on the wheel could leave a dent, and her foot occasionally applied more than enough pressure on the pedal, speeding for only a bit on the road, out of spite. When she looked at the time, she figured Youngeun would be on her shift in the convenience store where they met. So that is exactly where Dayeon was headed to. It wasn't that much of a long drive, more of a decent ride. When she arrived at the store, she messily parked her car and immediately stepped out of it. She tossed her keys in her hand as she approached the entrance of the store, soon shoving the keys in her pockets. As she sternly walked in with a stiff body, her gaze whipped to the counter. Dayeon relaxed when she was met with a new face, who seemed to be frightened of her look. I mean, Dayeon was putting up a bitch face. She made her way towards the individual, her palms nearly slamming on the counter as she leaned only a bit forward.

"Where is Youngeun?" She asked in a rather slightly threatening manner by accident and it caught the cashier off guard. The individual nearly dropped the newspaper she was reading.

"Um. I don't know," they shrugged, "Her shift started ten minutes ago and as you can see, I've been stuck here longer than I'm supposed to." They answered and just as she did, the bell of the entrance rang, a familiar brunette walking through the doors.

"Speak of the devil." They whispered as their gaze shifted from Dayeon and to the brunette. Dayeon turned around, her palms retreating from the counter.

"Sorry Jia, I had some business to take care of-" Youngeun fixed her wristwatch as she approached the counter, her eyes landing on the blonde and Dayeon could see her look change. "Oh, hello Dayeon."

Youngeun proceeded to take Jia's role behind the counter. The blonde and the brunette immediately had a staring contest, Youngeun sensing a different feeling and unsettlement sunk in her.

"Finally, I'm signing out." Jia took her bag and eagerly left the store. That's when Dayeon was about ready to let her touched nerves snap.

"So," Youngeun began, "Are you here to buy another lighter tonight?-" Youngeun yelped in agony as she felt Dayeon quickly grip tightly on her scalp and forcefully shoved her face straight into the counter. "What the fuck?!" Youngeun breathed out.

While the brunette had lifted her head up and leaned against the wall as support with her now bleeding nose and dizzy head, Dayeon took the chance to hop over the counter and get a hold of her. She opened the door right beside Youngeun, surprised it wasn't locked. It was all so sudden for Youngeun that she had no time to react to Dayeon throwing her straight into a pile of empty boxes in the small room. Honestly, Dayeon didn't even know what the room would be like, but besides that, she entered the room with the incredibly confused brunette and locked the door behind her. The room was dim and Youngeun was sitting, leaned against a wall with crushed boxes spread around her. Dayeon took a bat from the corner of the room. Just in case.

"What are you-"

Youngeun didn't get to finish, Dayeon wouldn't let her. The blonde harshly rested her heel right against Youngeun's chest and the tip of the shoe just right under her chin. The brunette coughed. Just by setting her eyes on the murderer, a vein felt like popping and her teeth clenched. She applied pressure on her foot. The brunette coughed again.

"You. You killed Chaehyun?!"

"What are you talking-" Youngeun coughed as Dayeon applied even more pressure. She felt weak, a feeling she hated.