15

Time had flown quite slowly for Dayeon. She found herself back in the field, sitting and leaning against a tree to free and clear her mind- more of to relax though. It'd been a long while since all the chaos and everyday her body would naturally make its way to the cozy field without thinking. The real reason Dayeon went there everyday from morning to night, was to look for a chance to collide with Chaehyun's butterfly.

And today was the day.

She felt something land lightly on her nose. Her eyes fluttered open, and her gaze was met with the white butterfly resting right before her. Dayeon faintly smiled and shut her eyes again, calm waves of relief gently crashing against her.

"Hi Chaehyun." Dayeon warmly greeted. It felt kind of strange to be technically speaking to a butterfly, but Dayeon didn't mind it since she knew it was her dearest friend. "I miss you." Dayeon choked out as she felt tears seeping through her eyelids and rolling down her cheeks.

If only she could see Chaehyun's ghost. If only she were to feel the person she loved the most, who was gently cupping her face once more and softly planting a long-lasting kiss on her nose. The kiss with all the love she could offer. All the love she was willing to offer. All the love she wanted to offer. Chaehyun, too, had her eyes shut, immersing herself in the moment she wished to share with Dayeon. She couldn't express how much she desired to stand beside Dayeon once more, as a lively person and not a spirit. Not a ghost. But as the individual which Dayeon would lean onto.

Meanwhile, Dayeon had opened her eyes and turned to unzip the same charcoal backpack. The butterfly flew off of Dayeon's nose and around her. Dayeon pulled out the old camera that was finally taken off of the dusty shelf. She pointed it towards the butterfly, adjusting the lenses.

She had finally snapped another photo of Chaehyun.

Dayeon pulled the camera back and stared at the photo. The butterfly fluttered onto Dayeon's finger. To Dayeon, it looked as if Chaehyun was checking out the photo. She quietly laughed to herself.

"Yup. Still beautiful as ever.."

And she wondered. Maybe there was another life waiting for them.

fin.