Part 21

Freedom - PART 2

hey hey hey guys! I'm alive, and so is this book (that I update only on festivities it seems sksksk, last time it was updated was on Christmas lol), but what matters is that I'm continuing it, right? this fic is going to have another 2 parts, then we'll resume with the messages like usual.

unlike last time, I have a date for the next part, which is next week, 15th March!

(also this is the first written thing of 2022 lol)

I'll leave you to it now, hope you enjoy!

~~

When she woke up she felt rather...strange. Why was she asleep in the first place? And was it hotter, or was it her impression? 

She slowly sat up, trying to focus on where she was. Her sight was strangely unfocused, almost like she was... 

She abruptly got up from what she felt like her bed, considering being drugged; after all, she just lost consciousness on an unknown and deserted street, after a fight that left her full of pain. What she just did, though, wasn't her best decision, because now everything was spinning, and after that she was seeing all in dots. 

While her sight and equilibrium were slowly recovering, she went towards the nearest light source she could see at the moment, to at least figure out where she was, and when her sight returned normal she widened her eyes in pure horror. If she really was where she thought, then she was in a loooot of trouble. That's why it was so hot... 

The door behind her opened abruptly, and she found herself being as stiff as a plaster statue, holding firmly with a hand the curtains that were partially covering the big balcony glasses, the other hand limp on her side. 

"My Princess." A female voice called her with the appellative she detested the most, especially at this moment. 

"What am I doing back here?" 

A small pause. She wasn't facing her interlocutor yet. "You fainted. And you were bruised, I thought you-" 

"You followed me?" 

"I always follow you." Another short pause. "Even if you don't want me to." 

"I didn't even ask y-" 

"Enough." A male voice, way more powerful and deep, imposed the silence between the two women. "I believe we have something to char about, my dear." 

After that, yet another pause, where she finally turned to face none other than her father, King Firr. She was back home. 

He was glaring at her without an expression nor a meaning behind his gaze, and she thought that this could be his best poker face ever. 

"Seraph, you're dismissed." He then added, looking at the female bodyguard assigned to her daughter, a buff Fiery with orange eyes and thick black curls collected in a bun, who in response saluted the two royals with the typical gesture for the royals in the Fire Realm, raising her hands and crossing her wrists in front of her left side of the chest, right where the heart was. It was an antique gesture, passed down between generations; the Ice Realm had one too, but there weren't any gestures used for the Wind and Rock States. 

Both royals thanked her gesture with a slight head nod, and both of them followed with their eyes the woman exiting the Princess' room and closing the door behind her. The King then turned to look back at his daughter, her doing the same, incredibly calmer. 

"Everything good?" His gaze was suddenly sweeter. 

"Yes." She mumbled. "I-" 

"Is it too hot?"