chapter 12 - Heart been broken

January 20th 2017

Jane has been taking a habit to fall asleep on the couch downstairs with a book, fireplace on and one different drink or cocktail every day. Now, Teddy never did anything to bother her, he knew she had fun doing cliché stuff, he would just cover her if she wasn't covered by a blanket after getting home from his part time job at the coffee shop at the end of the road.

Sound of pans falling could echo inside the house, startling Jane awake, in a rush she took her wand and ducked to hide from any intruder, steps and sniffs could be heard in the open space and Jane really got confused. Is it a thief? Why are they crying? She picked a little bit over the back of the couch trying to see who was around, it might have been Teddy for whatever reason, who knew.

"Draco?" Asked Jane sitting up worried at the sight of a broken crying man that she always used to see in a stone cold expression, like he had everything under his control, even after Astoria death he still looked like he had somewhat of a grip over his self but now... Jane realized the second she thought about Astoria.

"Jane..." He cried out, hair messy, with his button up shirt loose and his eyes puffy red.

———

Draco woke up in a room that wasn't his, smaller, more colorful and with another view from the big window, he set confused remembering what happened that night and were he was. Jane entered the room with a tea and some cookies, holding a napping between her lips, she didn't even notice Draco was awake until she set the hot mug and small plate on the nightstand.

"You're awake." She said offering him a small smile. She set on the big bed giving him a pat on his leg.

"How are you feeling? You passed out in my living room yesterday." She informed him not sure he remembered what happened during the night.

"What time is it?" He asked looking around for a clock finding it beside the mug.

"Is thirty past ten big boy slept in all night." She joked but he kinda of moved fast and startled her trying to get out of bed, Jane stoped him holding him down.

"No. Jane, my mom is..." Jane held her finger up stopping him from going on with the sentence.

"I know you, you told me already, i went to check for you at the Ministry, be thankful that Harry made my sign up possible for whatever the law suggests." She said, Draco left his body lay on the soft pillow and mattress, happy that he didn't have to deal with people the day after his mom died, letting himself cry again at the memory. Jane set beside him stroking his hair to give him some comfort.

———

"I am going to take Scorpius at the train station at Hogsmeade, you two go at the Manor." Jane said putting her plate in the kitchen sink, Teddy nodded and Draco made a sign with his hand to agree with his friend.

Jane sighed, looked at his son in a apologetic way and apparetated at Hogsmeade as soon as his kid smiled back. It is not allowed to do that but Narcissa's death was a good reason for it and Jane didn't have a car anymore.

"Hey kiddo." She said hugging a 15 years old Scorpius, all in a black suit and his hair free of the gel he used to put on to mimic his father as a kid. Scorpius hugged her letting out a small cry on her shoulder, already hovering over her in height, she wasn't the tallest girl in town may i add, around 5'4.

"We are going home." She said when Scorpius wouldn't say hello or say anything, she understood how hurt he was, just like his father he was a sensitive kid and really much attached to his grandmother. Scorpius nodded and gripped at her jacket before she appareted away.

———

January 21st 2017

"Scorpius is at Hogwarts already. I'm sorry he had to go back so early... i would have made him stay at home until end of terms." Jane said walking toward the green sofa Draco was sitting on, with his legs spread and shirt half open and a glass of rum in hand, pirates alcohol.