Chapter 13 - Lovers? - the end

November 18th 2017 (scorpius 5th year)

"I'm homee, come on let's have dinner, i got sushi today." Jane announced getting inside her house with two plastic bags, kicking the door close, saying out loud all the sentence like she did every evening. "Hey welcome home. I'll get dressed, go freshen up." Draco greeted her reaching her, helping with getting the food from her hands and displaying it on the dining table. Jane came down the stares after a quick shower with her dry hair in a bun, she didn't like to wet them in the evening, and some clean loose cloths.

"Did you call Teddy?" Draco asked from his sit at the table, playing with his chopsticks and the wine glass, half full.

"I didn't, he's not at home, he's at Molly's because of his job interview tomorrow morning, so he's already in the magic world from the morning." Draco nodded in understanding, Jane set too, on her place at the table, in front of him. Starting to eat, she loved sushi, she also could have used a cocktail with the cold fish.

"So... do you want to talk about.. emh 19 years ago." He cleared his throat making Jane choke on her food for the unexpected subject of the dinner talk.

"What do you want to say about it?" She asked playing a little with the soy sauce in the little bowl.

"You saved my life Jane, that day." He said thankful of her actions.

"I lived a life in my father's shadow, fearing him and trying to be like him." He continued putting his chopsticks on the table.

"And you were the first light in my dark and clouded life. I don't think i ever thanked you in a proper way, full speech and all." Jane nodded, she felt a little out of place, she wasn't good at dealing with emotions for herself, just for others. She was that kind of person that could make anyone fell comfortable and sleepy thanks to her safe aura but she was also the kind of person that had a hard time accepting kindness from people.

"I am happy i could help, i just knew you needed that, i looked at you from afar for a long time and i didn't know i was the only one that actually di something so brave to help you that day, and i'm not even a Gryffindor." Jane scoffed getting up to get a wine bottle, Draco left a small laugh. Two glasses now full and two friends kinda tipsy remembering old times.

"You know... I loved Astoria with all my heart Jane, I still do, I cry sometimes when i remember how better my life was getting with her presence in it, but then i think about that girl, i mean that faint hold on my wrist, that day in 1998 and i smile through the tears, cause my life turned around because of you." He said, voice a little jumpy head feeling heavy because of the wine.

"I think we had enough of this today." Jane said standing up and putting the bottle of wine back were it belonged, at least alcohol helped them being a little less stuck up and a lot more chatty.

"Do you think it would work? Us together?" Asked Draco while Jane cleared the table from plates and glasses, living normal glasses and a jug of water to dilute the liquor in their system. Jane laughed a little, not that she hasn't thought about it, but was she interested cause of her nurse complex or was she feeling genuine emotions?

"I don't know." Jane replied unsure.

"Have you ever thought about it?" She asked back and Draco stared at her like she asked the most difficult question in the world. Jane laughed at the way he was staring, cause you will never in your life see Draco with such a confused and innocent expression, unless you were Jane of course.

"I did, it's weird because you are such an important friend, is hard to think about you that way, but at the same time, i've watch you raise a kid that wasn't your while managing a new life." He replied trying to understand his brain and thoughts. Jane nodded understanding the feeling, she came back after two years of solitary life and then she had the privilege to watch Draco grow out of his misery and into a happy life with his wife, his mother and then his son.