The dance

y/n pov 

the doors opened and there were so many people staring i know hayden did this because he thought it would be fun like from one of my books but there were so many people. Finn told me to go down the stair case closest to me and he would go down the other and we would meet at the bottom. 

as i climbed the steps it got harder to breath i told myself i was fine i was going to be ok. I took finns arm and we had to start the dance so he lead me to the center and took my hand which was shaking by now and pulled me towards him and leaned down so he could whisper in my ear.

"its going to be ok itll be one minute you will be fine" he said I could tell he was nervous to and then the dance started

I loved to dance the patterns the spins the music. The song was line without a hook by Ricky Montgomery one of my favorites. i tried to lose myself in the songs and steps Finn was a good dancer. soon enough others joined us on the dance floor  and my nerves started to calm. 

the song ended and another began and before long me and finn had danced through almost 6 songs. he said he needed a break and we walked to the side. He left to get a drink and Hayden came up to me.

"sorry i didnt warn you about the entrance and dance thats my fault. but you looked really good" he said sitting down beside me and taking my hand in both of his we sat there for a while before a thousand years started playing and he asked me to dance we didnt even really dance we just swayed my head on his chest.

"thanks for this. Its kinda really amazing"

"no problem. actually can we talk outside for a minute if you dont mind i know finn is probably waiting for you and all but i want to tell you something."

"sure"

he lead me outside to a garden i looked up at him he put one hand on my waist and the other on my cheek and his eyes flicked from my eyes to my lips. finally his lips met mine. It was weird I had wanted this wanted us since i was 9 and now that its finally happening im questioning if i still like him. He has seen what i have been through he has been there for me he did all this for me but he also dated my ex bestfriend my current bestfriend and talked to a girl i hated before this and my feelings for him have been different less romantic and more like i love him like a brother but after what happened before tonight i needed something i needed to feel better i needed to forget what i had been through i deepened our kiss and put my hands in his hair. he flicked his tongue in my mouth and a let out a little moan. 

I pulled away "we cant do this now i cant do this now it isnt right" i walked off i was being overdramatic as usual i should just talk to him and tell him why but finn was in there for me and im not just forgetting that and im not giving up my only night ever with him to screw hayden. i felt mad at hayden and hated him for no reason but i loved him at the same time ughhh why was he so confusing. 

I danced with Finn some more and we hung out the rest of the night we just had surface converstions. i avoided hayden the rest of the night as well. finn and i got into the limo to go back to my house i was tired it was almost midnight i laid my head on his shoulder.

"i had fun tonight we should hang out sometime" he said 

"yeah" i put my number into his phone i just figured he was kidding and being nice but still an exciting thought that he might want to hang out. i fall asleep on his shoulder and i wake to him rubbing my arm and whispering that we are back. I get out of the limo and hug him goodbye. I go inside and take off my dress and run a makeup wipe over my face i am to tired to do anymore than that.

A/N

i hope you guys are liking it byee lovesss