Chapter 9

I woke up in an unfamiliar place. The lights were too bright, but the first face I saw was Derek's. "Hey, where am I?", I asked." Hey, I'm so glad you are awake, you're at the hospital, you have been out for seven days", he looked sadly at me. " What?, seven days ? " You scared me Bella, I thought I almost lost you", He looked at me with sad puppy eyes. The doctor came examining everything. "I'm so happy, you're awake, those sleeping pills you took almost ended you, you know you can't take more than four when you're pregnant", she said. " Doctor, she's what ?", he asked, looking shocked. " Ohhh sorry , you must be here boyfriend, she's pregnant", she smiled. I felt like the room was closing in as Derek looked at me not saying anything, till the doctor left leaving us together alone. " You're pregnant, Bella, why didn't you tell me that ?".  He asked. " I was going to tell you, I called, and your girlfriend told me you weren't there," I looked at him angrily. " Elizabeth isn't my girlfriend, she is my sister, the one my mom told me never to mention to anyone because people would start asking questions", he replied. " I'm sorry, I don't know how this happened, but it's there Derek, I'm pregnant, and you're going to be a father now, I know it's not what we expected but in no means necessary am I aborting or giving my baby up for adoption," I said pulling his hand towards my tummy." I would never ask you to do that, Bella" , he replied. " Wait, why did you come all of a sudden?", I asked him. " Well, we can talk about that when you are outta here", he smirked. Knowing him, he was serious, he was never going to tell me, all he wanted was to torture me  so that I heal quickly and feel better which happened as he ordered, he took good care of me for those three days I was in hospital. Finally, I was getting discharged, and he had brought me a cute wine red dress, that made me feel so elegant. One thing about Derek is the fact that he loves me so much that sometimes he doesn't need to show it, he is able to think of me in ways I can't explain myself. We left the hospital, but he didn't drive home, " hey, where you taking me Mr?", I asked him. " it's a surprise, your mom is busy, and she allowed me to spend private time with you, " he winked playfully at me. I looked at him, wondering what the hell he was planning on that sexy head of his. All I knew was the man in front of me was no longer my stepbrother, but the father of my baby." Hey, stop looking at me like that, it's very sexy, I'll devour you if you continue to bite that lip of yours", he said, trying to avoid touching me. We got to a nice lodge with roses spread out everywhere, we got out of the car, and he blindfolded me. " Bella, trust me, I want you to see your surprise when we get there. Geez okay, don't let me fall isn't. " hahaha, the only falling you did is falling in love with me, " he said as he placed a kiss on my lips. I took he's hand and we started walking. It wasn't a long journey, but I felt safe being with him there. "Are you ready, baby ?", he asked. Yes a million times, he took the blindfold off and a table was set with roses everywhere, soft music was playing, and I just kissed him. " seeing your reaction shows you liked your surprise," he winked at me. I love it D, it's very beautiful. " Not as beautiful as you, but it's not all of your surprise, Bella," he said playfully, smiling. Oh really, what else?." You have to close your eyes again, I'll tell you when to open them", he playfully kissed me. Geeeeeeez D, you're killing me right now, you know me and surprises don't get along, okay fine, I closed my eyes." Open your eyes, Baby", he said. As I opened them, I found him kneeling with a diamond ring and smirk on his face. D what are you doing ?. " what I should have done at that airport when I let you leave, Bella, I can't live without you, no girl can make me feel the way I feel for you, most people will call this wrong, and technically I don't care, being with you is my everything, and now that we having a baby, I want to make it right, and I want to be your husband, Bella I want to make you happy and give you whatever life can offer, we will figure it out as we go but know that I love you Bella" he stared deep into my eyes, all I could feel is tears dripping from my eyes." Bella you make me happy, you satisfy me in every way ,and I'm asking you if you'll make me the happiest man by saying yes and being my wife", he asked. Yes I will, I blushed, I know he noticed it, but it was the hormones I was emotional in all ways. He hugged me and kissed me, not allowing any space between us. I love you D , I can't believe we going to have a baby, we haven't even decided where we will live or what will we do about our jobs. He placed his finger on my lips, " shhh Bella, you worry too much and knowing you I planned everything, if you still want to work where you are, all I will do is follow you, ill build where ever you want me so long as you are by my side and my wife", he said. How about we figure that out later, now I think I want to enjoy this moment this night with you D. " Bella, you ready for your last surprise?," he asked. Yes, you're full of surprises Mr today, I'm really impressed. " I think this one will shock or surprise you. " he smirked. D stop with the taunting and tell me or give me my surprise, you are taunting me with all the suspense. " Baby, you look beautiful when you are annoyed, but your final surprise is that we are getting married tonight, right now", he said..................