new guy [part fourteen]

I'm using the japanese terms for the pillars and demon moons, sounds cooler.

since the pillar meetings happen once every six months, I like to believe they happen on june (the 6th month) and december. so... it has been a two year time skip right now so yasato is eighteen to nineteen years old since her birthday is in november and this pillar meeting takes place in june instead of december.

the reason as to why I haven't posted anything on wattpad in god knows how long was because my ass was on tumblr posting shit.

that is all.

word count: 14,927

= third person pov =

Two years. It had been two years since Ruka had passed away and life really had not been easy for Yasato, her relationship with Shinjuro just kept declining no matter how many times she tried amending their ways, he just wouldn't change no matter what she said nor did. As he said, he stopped training Kyojuro and Senjuro the Breath of Flame and he was keeping his word about being the last Flame Hashira, so Yasato brought it upon herself to do his job and train the two in the Breath of Flame, going so far as to taking Obanai to a Water Breath cultivator so he could learn a breath style he could master. Just because her relationship with her father figure had started going to shit doesn't mean she still couldn't get along with his sons, there was nothing that could happen that would ever break her relationship as their elder sister figure. Ever since Ruka had passed away, Shinjuro had been turning to alcohol as his new comfort while neglecting his sons, going so far as to going on missions while drunk. It was so bad that when they had Hashira meetings, the tension between the two of them would be so thick you could cut it with a knife but when they were in front of Ubuyashiki, they put their hatred for each other to the side in respect for him.

Speaking of Ubuyashiki, his condition has been getting worse over the years. It was bad enough that the left side of his face, specifically around his left eye, starting scarring. He was already fragile and weak since they first met, but watching his body get weaker over the past two years hurt her heart, there was nothing she could do except watch. However, that didn't change the way she spoke and treated him, and for that, he was grateful. Sure was a bit more gentle with him, but other than that, she treated him as if he were anyone else. Their friendship was just that harmonious, opposites that attracted and got along swimmingly.

Now let's speak about her relationship with the Kocho siblings. Shinobu scolded and beat Yasato after she yelled at Kanae and she took the beating like a woman, she didn't mean to lash out at her, her anger was just really bursting that moment she couldn't control it and let it out on Kanae when she was only trying to calm her down. Ubuyashiki was also her ultimate wingman, constantly pairing them up on missions so they could spend more and more time together, and neither woman had any problem with that. The two of them were a definite power couple, telling by the number of demons they were racking up with each passing mission, nothing was going to stop them no matter what hit them. Yasato was the type of reckless fighter that could give two shits about what happened to her body, no matter how many bones she breaks nor how much blood she bleeds, that's what she had Kanae. So despite that beating and scolding she gets from her soon to be wife, she always tends to her wounds and rewards her with a kiss at the end.

Now lets talks about Shinobu. Girl wants to strangle the older woman every time she sees her return with her older sister, she has to smile through gritted teeth whenever she sees the two of them together, and Yasato can feel her animosity each and every time, but she can tell that she learned to live with it because the insults that came her way started being less threatening! Yasato was especially proud of the day Shinobu actually managed to stab a blade into a boulder and she couldn't be proud of her, going so far as to scooping her into her arms and hugging her tight, not even caring that Shinobu was threatening to stab her, but she could tell that the threat was baseless by the huge grin on her face as she returned the hug. Kanae watched as Yasato helped Shinobu sketch out a blade that would suit her in battle before the two of them watched her go off to take the Final Selection Exam. They took that two weeks off specifically for those days so they could congratulate her when she returned from the Selection Exam, and when she did, Yasato was crying ugly tears in the background as Kanae embraced Shinobu and telling her how proud they both were. When her nichirin blade came from her swordsmith, they were at awe at the design they managed to pull off and the color it changed too was just gorgeous. The blade was lavender-blue in color, with the words Evil Demon (惡あっ鬼き) engraved on the right face, while the words Destruction (滅めっ殺さつ) are engraved on the left face due her sword's structure.