demon slayer [part nine]

word count: 9033

= third person pov =

Next day.

"Mm..." Awachiru let out a long groan as she pushed herself off her futon, letting her hair fall then letting out a yawn as she stretched her arms over her head, she then rubbed the back of her head before looking around "Hmm? My room? When did I get back here? I remember waiting outside for Yasato-san... hmm, I must have fallen asleep out there and the servants must have brought me back to my room. I must thank them later..." she then caressed her cheek.

'But why did it feel like it was Yasato-san that carried me back?' she shakes her head 'There's no way! She should be making her way back to the Estate around this time now, it took Roiachi-san a few days so it must be the same for her!' she then stands to her feet and messes with her hair 'She must be so exhausted!' she then blushes a bright shade of red 'And I told her that I wanted to tell her something important when she gets back... ah, I don't want our friendship to end once I tell her how I truly feel about her.' she then lets out a sigh.

"I wonder if she even likes women... older women that is, I'm four years older than her..." she messes with her hair again "I hope she at least likes women so that gives me a chance..." her ears then perked up at the sound of music, her eyes widening just at the sound "Wait... no, there's no way..." she quickly got to her feet and threw her door open, she heard the music was louder so she quickly rushed out of her room and made her way towards the source. She wasn't the only one that heard it when she met Kuwajima and Ganka at the end of the hall, they all tiredly glance at each other before opening the last door and there they saw Yasato sitting outside, a cup of tea in hand as her hair blew back in the wind as she swayed her head to the rhythm of the music.

"Ha... I wonder when the others are going to wake up..." she muttered with the cup to her lips as she took a sip before spitting it out when she heard a scream.

"YASATO/-SAN!!!!" she turned her head and sweat dropped when she saw them all crying as they raced over to her.

"GEH!!"

"Don't you geh us!" she quickly set her cup down and knelt down to welcome Kuwajima into her arms, she then stood up and left her free arm open so that Awachiru could embrace her then allowing Ganka to hug them all together "When did you get back, Yasato?" Ganka questioned as he looked at her.

"Well, last night."

"Last night?!" she nodded.

"When I got back, you all were fast asleep so I brought it upon myself to bring you to bed. While you boys didn't make a fuss, little Roeina-chan held a tight grip on me like a koala. It was rather cute." Awachiru blushed at that.

"Oh god, did I really do that?" Yasato just smiled as she hugged them close.

"Who cares? I'm just glad that I'm home." they all smile at that, Yasato was now eating a whole lot of food while the other three sit together and listen to her babble about her experience during the exam "Oh! I managed to make a few new friends as well!"

"Friends? Really?" she growls and smacks Ganka, who winced but laughed.

"Yeah, really! I'm surprised as well, because three of them were boys! There names are Murata, Sabito and Tomioka Giyu, all three of them use the Breath of Water as well." she then let out a breath as she places a hand on her chest "I did manage to save Sabito as well from a mutated hand demon, it was scary, but it definitely wasn't hard." Ganka froze.

'Hand demon? Don't tell me... did she actually defeat it?' he thought as he listened to her go into detail 'N-No way, she did! I ran into that demon during my exam, and I couldn't do a single thing so I ran away! And yet she managed to save someone AND slay it!' she then lights up and turns towards Ganka.