heart ablaze [part six]

I have absolutely no clue how old rengoku's younger brother, senjuro, is, so I'm making a mad guess!

*spoilers* to those who haven't read the manga, proceed with caution.

This is really just a chapter about yasato interacting with the rengoku family really.

that is all.

word count: 11,621

= third person pov =

"Ah, it's been two years since I've last seen Rengoku-sama! I'm so excited to see him again and tell him how much progress I've made!" she cheered happily, finally entering the land that was owned by the Rengoku Family. It was a two day journey, originally it would've been five days, if she hadn't learnt Full Focus Breathing, Constant, it most likely would have taken her longer. She let out a breath and hummed when she saw her breath, she sniffled as she feels her cold nose, she snuggles her face into the scarf Awachiru made her "Hmm... I wonder how Roeina-chan is doing. It's going to be weird not seeing her as often as I did over these years."

"Why don't you write a letter to her after you arrive? I am a Kasugai Crow that serves the Thunder Estate, and knowing Kuwajima Jigoro-dono, he'll often want to know what you're up too." the crow said, snuggling into the warm of her scarf as well.

"Hmm, good idea." he puffs his chest.

"You're welcome!" she hums, scratching under his beak then offering him some crackers, to which he didn't hesitate to eat "You're pretty nice for a human, most dislike us Kasugai Crows because we're loud." she smiles softly at him.

"Well you're not nearly as loud and you're rather helpful. Plus, animals tend to like me a lot, and even I don't know the reason for that." she cheered, remembering back to a memory when she was a child and she was with Faikan. They were sitting in a garden beneath a tree when they were approached by a bird, and slowly more and more birds appeared and swarmed Yasato "And since they like me, it's only right if I like them back!" she giggles when he seemed to have hmphed her, even blushing, can crows even blush?

"You're a weird human."

"Thank you."

"That wasn't a compliment, you weirdo!" he squawks, causing her to start laughing, he hmphs again before leaving the nest he made in her scarf and started flying again "Well, you're finally here." she watches as he perches himself onto a large gate "They're expecting you, so simply knock before entering." she nods her head.

"Thank you for guiding me here, Kasugai Crow." he simply nods his head, she nervously rubbed her neck before knocking on the gate door but blinked when it opened, she pushed the door open and glanced side to side "Excuse me, sorry for... intruding." she slowly trailed off as she broke out into a cold sweat, her eyes and body shaking at the sight of a woman's back who had raven black hair, but instead her vision only saw her mother instead of who this woman really was.

"You disappointment for a child! Why couldn't you be the daughter I envisioned?! Why did you have to be the embodiment of your godforsaken father?!"

"I-I..."

"You're a pathetic excuse of a child! I NEVER should have given birth to you! Why can't you be like every other girl?!"

"P-Please..."

"WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE THE DISGRACE OF THE FAMILY?!"

"Daiichiro? Are you alright?" she gasped lightly at the sound of the voice, Rengoku looked down at Yasato with a surprised expression when he saw her at the gate. He goes to greet her rather enthusiastically but stopped when he saw the look of terror as she stared at someone, he followed her gaze and saw that she was staring at his wife, Ruka.