hellish training [part four]

I was initially going to make this chapter a tad bit longer, but I ended it here.

That is all.

word count: 8662

= third person pov =

"The name's Ganka Roiachi, I decided to join the Demon Slayer Corps after my little sister was attacked by a demon and put into a coma

"The name's Ganka Roiachi, I decided to join the Demon Slayer Corps after my little sister was attacked by a demon and put into a coma. I decided that I didn't want to lose anything ever again and that by becoming a Demon Slayer, I'll be able to become stronger and protect the next dearest thing that my heart sets on!" Yasato, who was standing across from him, gave him a look that really didn't mean well.

"Uh huh, and I need to know this, why?" Awachiru, who was carrying a tray of medical supplies, gasps when she saw Ganka fall to the ground before pointing an accusing finger at Yasato.

"Ah?! Did you already forget?! We made a bet, if you made it down the mountain then you'd tell me your name, in exchange, I'd tell you mine!" she turns away, sticking her pinkie in her ear and twisting it around.

"Eh? Is that so? I don't remember such a thing."

"AH! THIS IS WHY I HATE GIRLS!!" she rolls her eyes.

Yasato had taken a needed nap after making it down the mountain first, Ganka was the second and he collapsed beside her hours later. They waited a few more hours and only three others managed to make it down the mountain before day break, not looking as scathed as the other two passed out, since they managed to follow them after they had set off most of the traps. The others who didn't make it either passed out due to exhaustion or the traps knocking them unconscious, Kuwajima was disappointed to see that only five managed to pass the first test out of the fifteen, and only the first two really did their best. The five who passed now all stood in a line and Kuwajima was looking up at them, analyzing them. He was thoroughly impressed with Yasato and Ganka, though they were the most banged up and tired out of the rest, they still managed to stand tall while the other three were trembling.

"Well, it's safe to say that you five pass the first test. The other ten, I will not be wasting my time with you lot." he raises a finger and points at the mountain they just came from "That first test is to see how well you do in those types of environments, and even if you did pass, you will be constantly going down that mountain to build up your stamina and leg muscles." the trio who basically cheated turned pale before looking over at Ganka and Yasato, who didn't react at all to the news "The more you keep going down that mountain, the easier it becomes."

"Oi, ossan!" Ganka and Yasato look over and saw a girl, one of the three that cheated their way down, and saw her giving Kuwajima an angered and concerned look "What do you mean we have to keep going down that mountain?! We almost got killed going down there once! How many times do we have to keep going down until we don't have to anymore?!" Ganka looked at Yasato and saw her roll her eyes.

"How stupid..." she muttered "Are girls always so stupid?" she added as she looked over at the girl who was rambling about how she couldn't possibly be able to do it while Ganka looked down at her in amusement.