my style [part five]

since yasato was born near the end of the year, after the full one year time skip she's fourteen, and it takes another full year to create her own style, so she's fifteen after she completes it. I needed to write this down because it was confusing me about her age because I planned on her taking the final selection exam when it's the year she's sixteen. So technically speaking, she finished the breath of thunder when she turned fourteen and she's fourteen to fifteen in this chapter.

Recently changed my username from WaterMistress to ultimatelytired.

that is all.

word count: 9184

= third person pov =

"Four hundred and ninety six... four hundred and ninety seven... four hundred and ninety eight... four hundred and ninety nine... five hundred!" Yasato let out a tired sigh as she hung upside down on a tree branch, she let her body hang for a bit before she threw herself up and was staring at the setting sun. It'd been a few hours since that little duel and Yasato had returned to her shared room... that was until she got restless so she went out and started to workout, after a few practice swings with two katana's she decided to do a few pushups, which followed to upside down pull ups on a tree branch, she was surprised it didn't break.

She let out a yawn as she leaned back, letting her body fall backwards but she caught herself before she could fall off and so she swung herself back up as she crossed her arms. She was thinking of how she can merge her fighting style into the Breath of Thunder, she then tilted her head to the side in thought along with her body before shaking her head. If she were to merge her fighting style into the Breath of Thunder, then it wouldn't be the Breath of Thunder, it would be something else entirely. Hmm, she wonders if it's entirely possible to make her own Breath Style... wait, IS IT?!

"Yasato-san!" she hums and leans back again then looks down to see Awachiru "I-It's time to eat now, Yasato-san! Ji-chan a-asked me to come f-fetch you!" she called out, Yasato shot up again and hit the palm of her hand with the side of her fist.

"Perfect! But I'll also ask Oyakata-sama!" she cheered before jumping down from the tree, she landed harshly on the ground but she had no trouble standing to her feet and smiling down at Awachiru.

"Thanks for coming to get me, Roeina-chan, hmm?" Yasato paused while Awachiru gave her a confused look, she then watched as Yasato hovered her hand over their heads before grinning "Ah hahaha! I'm taller than you now, Roeina-chan!" she cheered, to which the now shorter girl blushed in embarrassment then chased after the younger girl, who had walked away while laughing.

"W-Wha-- there's no way you cou-- could be taller than m-me! Your sho-- shoes has heels on t-them is why!" she laughs.

"So does yours!" Yasato and Ganka, who arrived with her once she had Awachiru weren't to retrieve him, stare in confusion when at the amount of food that was prepared.

"Ji-chan... w-what's the occasion?" he gestures for them to take a seat and so they do, they watch as Awachiru walks over and stands behind Kuwajima with a bright smile.

"It's to celebrate you completing the training and for partaking in the Final Selection." he answers, Ganka grins gleefully while Yasato frowns.

"But... I'm not partaking in the Final Selection, only Roiachi, if he decides too do it." he nods his head.

"Yes, that is true, but you still finished the training I have set for you. You may say you still have something to learn, but from me, you've learnt everything I had to offer, and for that, I shall reward you." they both share a look before blushing lightly and placing a hand on their chests.