bring it [part twelve]

I have absolutely no clue how old oyakata-sama's children except for his son, to which he is eight in the original timeline, and minus that with yasato's age when she's older, she was sixteen when he was born.

that is all.

word count: 15,866

= third person pov =

*HUFF*

*HUFF*

"JUST GIVE UP NOW, YOU WORTHLESS HUMAN!! YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO DEFEAT ME, NOT IN THIS ENVIRONMENT!! NOT WITH THOSE WOUNDS!! YOU'LL DIE A MEANINGLESS DEATH, ALL ALONE!! YOU WILL NOT WIN AGAINST ME!!"

It's getting hard to breathe.

The oxygen is getting burnt away.

"YOU'LL BLEED OUT BEFORE I CAN EVEN GET THE CHANCE TO KILL YOU!! OR MAYBE YOU'LL BE BURNT TO DEATH!! JUST FACE IT, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO GET AWAY NOR WILL YOU BE ABLE TO DEFEAT ME!!"

Her vision's fading.

Her knees are about to give out on her.

"WHY CAN YOU SEE THAT NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, THE ENDINGS WILL ALL BE THE SAME?! THAT YOU'LL DIE AS THE WORTHLESS HUMAN THAT YOU ARE!! YOU LOST YOUR CHANCE TO FLEE, SO I'LL PUT AN END TO YOU, SILVER FLASH!!"

"Haa..." the demon, who stopped its endless ranting, perked up at the sound of her weak laughter. Everything around her was being burnt away because of the Blood Demon Art, she had stripped her haori off and set it away before her battle against the demon, and so her Demon Slayer Uniform was torn and burnt off in multiple areas, even her body had multiple scratches, bruises and burn marks as her whole body ached and bled. Maybe it was the lack of oxygen that caused her to see more than one demon, or maybe it was the lack of blood that caused her body to sway unsteadily. She gripped onto her Nichirin Blades, one that had its blade melted off due to the demon's lava like skin, and the other that was at the verge of snapping. She spat out the blood that pooled up in her mouth before lifting up her hand and pointing at the demon while holding her katana to the side "many people have declared that they could defeat me, so Lower Moon rat, show me that you've got what it takes, and bring it...!"

A day before the encounter.

"Kyah~ he's such a cutie!" Yasato squealed as she played with the one year old, soon to be two year old, boy. Kagaya and Amane smiled at the sight of Yasato cooing and playing with their son, Ubuyashiki Kiriya, making him laugh and babble as she had him sitting in her lap.

"He's quite fond of you, Yasato." she giggles, wrapping her arms around his tiny body and caressing her cheek against his, causing him to giggle while clapping his hands.

"Well, I'm just really good with kids. I've been blessed with four younger brothers! Seven if I count the Rengoku brothers and sweet little Obanai!" he hummed, leaning into his hand.

"Then how do you see our children, Yasato? What are you to them?" she hummed at that, she looked up in thought then looked out into the garden at the sound of laughter. There she saw Kagaya and Amane's other two children, a pair of twin girls named Ubuyashiki Hinaki and Nichika, who were currently three turning four, they were two years older than Kiriya. They caught her staring and so they both smiled at her and waved cheerfully while giggling, to which she returned with a similar smile and small wave, she then placed a finger on her cheek.

"I'd like to think of myself as... that funky aunty that likes to pop in now and then to spoil their nieces and nephews!" she cheered, pumping her fist, this caused the married couple to laugh at her enthusiasm.

"Aunty? Not older sister?" she shook her head.

"Nah, unless that's how they want to see me, then I'd be happy if they call me big sister! But still, I'd just love to spoil them whenever I get the chance!"