Chapter 41: Extinction

Sunshine's POV

I am bored.

I don't know what to do.

Grey Grey's in the office.
James and Ella was out. They ask me if I want to come with them but I decline. I don't want to be the third wheel.

I assume Gabriel, Jamison and Ameera's at school while Parker's on duty.

I am walking around the massive garden of Grey Grey's house for a long time and I did not even cover the half of it.

I don't even want to know how much they spend to maintain their whole estate.

When the the topic during meal time was their budget and expenses,
James will just shook his head and said "Let's just say that I am thankful that I work hard and became a billionaire."

I was admiring the red roses when suddenly I heard a loud explosion from a distance. The ground shakes beneathe me.

I look to my right and saw multiple Mr. Hulk's running in the same direction.

I switch my glance to the Mr. Hulk who was accompanying me.

"What's happening?" I ask.

"It seems Master Gabriel had a successful experiment." He said in a matter of fact tone.

I raise my eyebrow at him.
Without any warning I run towards the area where the smokes were coming from.

"Miss Sunshine! Don't go there please! It's not safe!" Mr. Hulk shouts while chasing me.

"I'm just gonna see what happened!" I shouted back.

I was out of breath when I got there.
I was sorely disappointed when I found out that they already put out the fire. I should have run immediately as soon as I heard the explosion.

I saw Gabriel standing near the site with a charred clothes, dishevelled hair and his hands are braced on his waist.

I walk towards him because I figure out, I should comfort him. His lab got destroyed. I know that he'll be devastated.

When I reach where Gabriel was standing I peek at his face, I was baffled.

Gabriel's smiling. He looks so proud of himself.

I tug his shirt and Gabriel looks down. His hazel eyes are blazing with excitement.

"Big sis! I did not notice you!"

I shook my head. "I am pretty unnoticable so don't worry."

Gabriel snorts. His expression switch back to excitement.
"Did you see the explosion?"

I nodded."I was walking in the rose garden when I heard the explosion."

"Really?! Cool! That means that my experiment was a success! Yes!" He shouts in glee. Gabriel was dancing in excitement.