III

4/21 - Thursday - After School

Fortunately, the only hard part about the day was the fact he had to introduce himself.

Cloud was definitely not a people person. He didn't like conversing with others that he wasn't familiar with. Not only that, but he had to make up so many lies like how he liked sports and his father was part of the military (Sorry Zack, he said to himself).

Luckily, the class was gullible enough to fall for it. The stuff he had to learn wasn't hard at all. One look at the textbook and he could make an essay about it immediately. Whenever he answered a question correctly, his classmates would look at him in a weird way and gossip. Cloud didn't hear much, but he heard "Whoa, that guy is smart and handsome?!" and "I should borrow his notes sometime".

He was also able to learn about the uses of honorifics, how to apply them to names, what to say before eating (which he doubted was necessary for him), and how to greet someone respectfully.

What is up with the culture of these people? he wondered.

Social Studies was probably his favorite. The teacher, Mr. Ushimaru, was strict, yet he was pretty good at teaching.  At one point, he threw a chalk at someone (who was, coincidentally, one of the people gossiping about him) and hit them square in the forehead. Cloud let out a small smirk.

He tried having a good look at his classmates. Most of them were either quiet, eagerly studying, or just gossiping about something. At one point, he overheard gossiping about this 'delinquent transfer student', whatever that meant.

One classmate caught his eye. In the corner of the room, he saw a girl with clothes different than the rest. She had chin-length curly light auburn hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a pink turtleneck cardigan with short puffed sleeves and a long-sleeved white shirt underneath. The cardigan was zipped open up to her navel and has two large pockets on the front. She wore the standard black and red skirt, but with white tights with a black flower pattern and black Mary Jane shoes. For some reason, he had a hard time looking away.

I probably shouldn't be staring too much, he said to himself.

When school was over, one of the teachers gave him one of the bags that were distributed to every student. It wasn't anything special, it was reminiscent of a briefcase, with two shoulder straps. He didn't make it obvious, but he was thankful. He didn't know where to put all his things, and he was so not going to leave them on the rooftop. He was on his way upstairs to grab his things. On the way, he was thinking about some things. Three things exactly.

Why am I here? was his first question. Although, he feels like that answer is already obvious. He just needed evidence that he was really the one behind this.

Where do I sleep tonight? was his second. He only had gil with him, and apparently the currency for this country is something called 'yen'. He couldn't just crash at a hotel. But he didn't really care much. He could go at least two days without sleep, and even food. It was fine, but he couldn't stay sleep-deprived forever.

Where do I do my homework? was his third. He decided to ask the newspaper club member on the second floor because according to the gossip he heard, she knows everything.

"Well... there's the library upstairs. You could do it there." she said to him.

The third floor was almost the same as the second floor, except switch the principal's and the faculty office with the student council room and the library. When he arrived at his destination, he quickly found a table and started eagerly doing his homework. Something he thought that he, an adult of all people, would never do.