VI

4/21 - Thursday - After School

???'s POV

"Ugh... are we there yet?" Skull said tiredly while climbing a staircase.

He was right. Were they there yet? They've been exploring that Palace for like a week now and still haven't found where the Treasure was.

"Hey Mona..." Panther said. "Are you sure that we're close to the Treasure?"

"Yeah, of course I'm sure! ...Kinda?" Mona said unsurely.

"Are you for real dude?!" Skull shouted at him.

"Oh, can you shut up alre- wait!"

Everyone came to a halt. They got to the top of the staircase and noticed a wooden doorway. Mona meowed with enthusiasm.

"This is it!" he said. "Behind these doors is where the Treasure lies! I can feel it!"

Everyone celebrated. Albeit, really quietly since they don't wanna attract any Shadows to their position. However, their celebrating came to a stop.

"Huh... what was that?" Skull wondered while scratching his head. "Hey, Joker... did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Joker asked him.

Suddenly, they heard shouting from the other side of the wooden doors. They had enough with the painful shouting already. First, the torture chambers in the dungeon, and now this.

"Ugh, you think it's another torture thing?" Panther asked in an annoyed voice.

"I mean... it's possib-" Mona was about to say, but was cut off by more screaming. This time, they heard shouting, as if someone was doing a battle cry or something. Like those things heroes do whenever they fight.

Joker sensed something was up. He used his Third Eye, and felt something. It felt like something was coming towards them. Like something was about to... crash into them? Wait, what-

"AEROGA!" the gang heard behind the doors.

"WATCH OUT, GUYS!" Joker said. They jumped out of the way in the nick of time. A Pixie burst through the door and crashed into the wall, disintegrating.

"What the hell was that?!" Panther cried.

They looked into the room behind the doors. It was the throne room, but it has turned into a battlefield.

Inside, Shadows were everywhere, spawning left and right. Shadow Kamoshida was hiding behind his throne, holding on to Cognitive Ann for dear life. Panther had an angry look on her face when she saw that.

That wasn't the crazy part though. The real crazy part was that there was a man in there, slaying all of the Shadows. By himself! And without a Persona! Just nothing but a... really spiky haired man with a giant sword.

"He's taking them all on by himself?!" Skull exclaimed. "Is that guy for real?!"

"Hey Mona... who is he?" Panther asked their guide.

"I... uh..." he stayed silent and watched the mysterious man in awe. Everyone else was too.

He swept Shadows with ease, and could even take on Beriths by himself. It took so much of their own power to take down one, but that guy could take them on like nothing. He evaded all their attacks, and took all of them down one by one. More kept spawning by the second, but he was still not overwhelmed.

He occasionally did magic, but it was different than theirs. They were bigger, stronger, and so much more cool looking. He also occasionally split his swords into multiple separate ones. Even with one sword on each hand (which looked really hard to do), he was still able to efficiently take down most of the Shadows.