IX

4/22 - Friday - Lunchtime

Cloud's POV

A lot had happened yesterday.

Cloud tried his best not to get overwhelmed by it. It was hard though. Not only did he just suddenly get teleported into a new world, enrolled into a school, and learned about the Metaverse, he'd agreed to be part of the Phantom Thieves of Hearts.

As of this moment, he is currently eating lunch in the cafeteria with Ren and Ryuji. Everyone had small bento boxes while he just had bread from the school store.

"Dude, you're only gonna eat that thing?" Ryuji asked him.

"Yup." he said in his usual carefree manner.

"Damn... you're kinda like this guy." Ryuji pointed to Ren.

"How is he like me?" Ren asked.

"You barely eat too. I mean, look at yourself, man."

"He's right, you know." Morgana said in Ren's bag. "You should really eat more."

"Why do you think I prepared bento for myself?"

They continued on eating. Later on, Ann joined them. They decided that since the group was all together, they should discuss about the calling card situation.

"When should we send the calling card?" Ryuji asked.

"We could try tomorrow. Oh wait... I have to visit Shiho at the hospital-" Ann said.

"Then how about Monday." Ren suggested. "It would at least give us some time to prepare too."

"I agree." Cloud said. "It's best if we don't rush this too much."

"Ryuji, you're handling the calling card yeah?" Morgana asked. "Make sure it's good, kay?"

"Don't worry, I'm gonna make it as badass as I can!" he replied enthusiastically.

They continued talking for a while about how to make the calling card, with everyone giving recommendations on what to write on it to make sure it pisses off Kamoshida real good, but just subtle enough so that he won't get suspicious of them.

"Oh, by the way..." Ryuji said out of the blue. "I like what you did with your uniform. SUPER cool!" he said to Cloud.

In all honesty, Cloud liked it a bit too. He still wore the standard white turtleneck shirt and red-and-black patterned pants (albeit, the suspenders were off, and his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows), but instead of a blazer, he wore his high collar sleeveless black shirt unzipped. He also wore his black boots and had his black gloves on both hands. He took his bag of Materia with him too, hanging on the left side of his waist. He felt more comfortable this way than he did the first time he put his uniform on.

"Yeah, that uniform totally suits you now!" Ann said.

"I dunno... he looks like a delinquent." Morgana said unsure of his new look, but Cloud didn't care.

"I think he looks great." Ren complimented him too.

"Thanks, I guess." Cloud said to them. After that, they just went on with their lunch.

4/22 - Friday - After School

Cloud's POV

They finished their lunches and headed back to their respected classrooms. After school, they met up on the rooftop. According to Morgana, it was their hideout for meetings and such.