IV

4/21 - Thursday - After School

Everything was normal... for the first five minutes or so.

This is bullshit, Cloud thought. All he wanted was to go out and find a place he could chill a while or something, but everything went for a really sharp turn.

It started while he was exiting the school. Besides the absurd amount of people staring at him because of his clothes (either because they were confused or in love with him), everything was fine. Except the fact that he was literally in a different world that he knew nothing about. Of course he wouldn't forget about that.

When went through the school gates, he spotted an alleyway directly in front of the academy. Not only that, but the boys that he saw chatting earlier were there, along with a girl.

She had wavy platinum blonde hair that is styled in bushy pigtails with parted side bangs on the right side of her face with a single yellow hair clip above her left ear, partnered with some small circular earrings on both ears and bright blue eyes. She wore her school blazer over a white varsity-like hooded sweatshirt, designed with a red stripe between two blue stripes at the bottom, an 'S' symbol near the front bottom on one side and a green four leaf clover symbol on the back of the hood. She wore red tights and brown boots with yellow laces. Her clothes were flashier than anyone else he'd seen. He assumed that was Ann, the girl they were talking about earlier.

He didn't know why, but he felt like he needed to listen in on them. Were they related to his current problem? No, but something about them had interested Cloud. What did they mean about a heist? What kind of Treasure were they gonna steal? Most importantly, what were they planning to do with Kamoshida? That was when his curiosity got the best of him.

He snuck over to them without being seen. He started eavesdropping their conversation.

"Today's the day we secure the route," the black-haired one said. "Is everyone ready?"

"Yeah, totally." Ann said. "Oh, and Ryuji?" she said while looking at the blonde-haired boy. "Please don't get downed so early into the Palace next time?"

As she said that, the cat in the black-haired boy's bag meowed, probably adding insult to the injury. Cloud still doesn't understand why they talk to that thing.

What kind of 'Palace' are they talking about? Cloud wondered.

"Can you please shut up about that?!" Ryuji said. The cat meowed again, but it sounded more angry. "Are you for real?! Like HELL I'm becoming backup!" the blonde-haired boy replied to it.

"Can you guys just shut up already?" Ann said to break the tension. "Ren... just get the Nav ready." she said while facing back at the black-haired boy.

"On it.", Ren replied. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and started tapping his finger on it. Cloud assumed he was opening that 'Nav' thing.

The phone was vastly different from Cloud's. Cloud's phone was just an ordinary flip-phone, while Ren's looked like it was a flat-screen phone, like a miniature television. Usually, in his world, those kinds of phones were only owned by rich people, like Shinra higher-ups and such.

"Alright, everyone good?" Ren said. Everyone gave a nod, even the cat. He tapped his phone one more time and the phone said "Beginning navigation".

Everything went downhill from that point.