XI

4/24 - Sunday - Afternoon

Ren's POV

Yesterday's ramen was amazing.

They could see why Ogikubo was also called 'Ramen Town'. Ren and Ryuji were having a lot of fun gulping down some noodles. Ren occasionally fed Morgana some broth and he surprisingly enjoyed it. Cloud seemed to be eating well too, but something was totally off about him.

He seemed way more serious than he usually was. They tried asking him about what had happened with him yesterday, but he just ignored them. Ren decided to not push him any further.

Now it was the next day, and they were currently in the Teikyuu Building Accessway to discuss the heist for tomorrow.

Everyone gave Cloud a weird look when he went in his gear without the hilts and shoulder pad and all that. He kept the sleeve though, still covering that mysterious ribbon. Obviously, he didn't have any other clothes. All he had was those and his school uniform (which he had all laundered in the washing machines near the bathhouse, currently drying in his room). Even if it looked a bit weird, he still rocked the look like a champion.

"Dude... we know you look good in that, but can't you wear anything else?" Ryuji wondered.

"I don't have anything else though." Cloud replied.

Ann snapped her fingers all of the sudden, as if she came up with a brilliant idea. "Oooh, I know! Why don't we go shopping?" she suggested.

"Um... no offense Lady Ann, but do we really have the time to go shopping for clothes?" Morgana worried. 

"Oh relax, it's early in the afternoon. We can talk about the heist during lunch." she assured the team. "Besides, I just got my pay. It's fine. Come on, let's go!"

The team proceeded to the Underground Mall. They arrived at a certain shop where Ann apparently buys most of her clothes.

"No wonder why your clothes are always so flashy." Ryuji teased her.

"Oh, shuddup!" she replied.

"Well I think you look beautiful in anything you wear, Lady Ann!" Morgana said happily.

"Aww... really? You're so thoughtful."

"Hehe... I know." he said flustered. He looked like he was blushing.

How do cats blush? Do cats even blush in the first place? Ren thought. Those weird thoughts were interrupted when Cloud went a bit closer to Ren and whispered a question to him.

"Is Morgana always like this?" he asked.

"Like what?" Ren tilted his head.

"Um... what do they call it these days again..? Oh right... a simp?" 

The comment almost made Ren burst out a loud laugh, but he tried his best to keep it in.

"He's been like that ever since he saw the cognitive Ann in Kamoshida's Palace. Liked her ever since." he whispered back.

"Wait... the 'cognitive' Ann? As in... the one in a-"

"Yup." he cut him off. He didn't wanna talk about that. It made him feel uncomfortable talking about Ann in a weird, kinky swimsuit and cat ears. Everyone else felt the same. Well... everyone except Morgana. He adored her.

Their conversation abruptly ended when Ann called them.

"Look! I found some good ones!" she said while holding a lot of different types of clothes. She had jackets, sweaters, cardigans, shirts, pants, slacks, some hats, and some other stuff that Ren didn't recognize.