XVII

5/3 - Tuesday - Afternoon

Cloud's POV

So... quick trivia; the gold medal technically isn't real.

According to what Morgana said last night, the medal was actually just a by-product of Kamoshida's cognition. The actual medal is still in his possession. It was surprising to Cloud that they're both worth the same amount though, even if one of them is just a copy.

Ren was supposed to pawn if off today, but he was forced to help out Sojiro with the café . So right now... Cloud is riding a train currently headed to Shibuya, on his way to pawn of the medal to Untouchable for him.

"Thanks a lot." Ren said before he left. "Sorry for pushing this onto you."

He was lucky that Ren let him have his own subway pass or else he wouldn't be able to get to Shibuya. Still, he didn't feel good repeatedly borrowing money from others. Usually, whenever he'd go out with others, his friends would pay for everything.

I should really find a job or something soon, Cloud thought most of the time.

He decided to just think about that later and focus on his task for now. He arrived at his destination and went to Central Street. Personally, he liked Untouchable. He liked the surly attitude the manager had. It was very relatable to his own.

Speaking of himself, he was actually wearing some casual clothes for once. He wore the clothes that thought Ryuji made him look like a goth; black pants, dark blue shirt, and a black leather jacket that had a dark blue circle on the back with white graffiti letters saying 'NO LIMITS!' on it. Ann would be proud.

He arrived at the airsoft shop once again and entered. He spotted the manager sitting with his legs up on the counter while eating a lollipop, just like the last time he visited.

"Hey." Cloud called out to him.

"Hm? Oh... it's you again." the manager replied. "You here to buy somethin'?"

"I'm here to sell actually." he placed Kamoshida's Olympic medal on the counter.

"Huh? A gold medal? Why do you have this?" the manager raised an eyebrow. "We don't buy any fake or stolen goods here, buddy."

"Why don't you take a closer look?" Cloud suggested. The manager let out a 'hmph' and observed the medal a bit more closely. Suddenly, he seemed interested in the deal.

"I'm just... not gonna ask where you got this." he said. "How's thirty thousand yen sound for it though?"

"It's enough."

"Thirty thousand it is then." he took the medal and handed him the payment. Cloud was surprised that it only took three banknotes to make thirty thousand yen. Perhaps the currency in that world really was different.

The manager looked out the window with a rather suspicious look. "It's almost time..." he muttered.

"Time for wha-" Cloud asked, but was cut off when the manager suddenly handed him a paper bag with something in it.

"Here, take this with you. It's a thanks for selling me that medal." he quickly said. Cloud decided to just accept it without complaining. "But uh... it's best not to open it." he continued. "Just bring it with you next time you come back here."

"Okay then..." Cloud said a bit unsure.

"Glad you're so quick to understand."

Cloud wondered what was in the bag. A model gun? Something illegal? An actual gun? Something like that would be nice, especially if they were to visit the Metaverse again. If a gun was in the bag, he'd probably ask if he could keep it. If he could, he would give it to Ren so that he could use it in combat.