X

4/23 - Saturday - After School

Cloud's POV

Things went the same as usual. Although, he didn't understand why they went to school on a weekend too. Was that normal there in Japan? Why do you need to study on a Saturday? Saturdays are usually rest days.

Either way, he didn't really care. Right now, he was on his way out, but bumped into someone familiar.

"Oh, hey there Strife-kun." Makoto said while holding a medium stack of multiple pieces of paper.

Oh hell no, Cloud thought. He never really liked honorifics, no matter how many times he reminds himself it's for 'respect'. He was lucky that Ren, Ryuji, Ann, and Morgana don't call him 'Strife-kun' or anything. However, he had a soft spot for 'Cloud-kun', but that was for someone else.

"Hey." he replied to the student council president.

He took a look at the paper stack and saw that his name and his mother's was on it. The sight of his mother's name put a bit of anger in him. "Is that for me?" he asked.

"Oh, these? Yeah, they're your forms for your foreign exchange." she explained. "I was actually looking for you. I need you to sign these."

"All of those?"

"It won't take as long as you think." she ensured him, but he still had a tinge of doubt. "Come on, I'll take you to the student council room. It'll be more convenient if you do it there."

He followed her to the third floor. The student council room wasn't anything too special. It was like a school version of a meeting room, with some shelves and cabinets in some places.

"Hey Niijima-chan." a female councilmember said. "Oh, is that-"

"It is!" a male said shocked. "You're that foreign exchange student." Cloud just ignored him and sat down on a chair and started signing his papers.

"You know... I heard rumors that he does really well in class." the female said.

"I heard that he got a girlfriend on his first day here." the male replied to her.

Cloud ignored the first comment (because he knew that already), but the second one got him. He wasn't into girls like that, but who the hell had the audacity to spread lies about him getting a girlfriend? He had a slight suspicion on who they thought his girlfriend was, but didn't bother to think about it more.

As he was signing some of his papers, one of the councilmembers asked him a question.

"So Strife-kun," the male one said, "you think you'd be interested in joining student council?"

Makoto's eyes widened. "W-Why would you ask him that?" she asked baffled.

"Think about it Niijima-chan." the female said. "He's smart, diligent, and handsome. He'd be perfect for it!"

These morons, Cloud thought.

"If you go with this, the principal might even write you a letter of recommendation!" the male tried to deal with him.

He heard about what letters of recommendation were. They were letters of references that vouch for a specific person based on their characteristics and qualification. In this case, the letter by the principal would recommended him to a certain college and guarantee him a spot.

But why would he need to go to college? Sure, for regular high school students, that would be a great deal. But he wasn't a high school student. He was an adult who, for some bizarre reason, got enrolled into a high school and is currently using that opportunity to meet up more with the Phantom Thieves. Like hell he needed to go to college.